Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
    Thats cool let your son play for deth

I can't even get him to play for me..He's awesome. He's concentrating kicking my ass on guitar now, and it's working. So his Sonors kinda took a backseat for the time being.

Actually we kinda sound like Eidolon, Nevermore, and 'Deth anywhoo, with a dash of Arch Enemy. I'd LOVE to do our own thing, father and son..that would rule!!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
      I can't even get him to play for me..He's awesome. He's concentrating kicking my ass on guitar now, and it's working. So his Sonors kinda took a backseat for the time being.

Actually we kinda sound like Eidolon, Nevermore, and 'Deth anywhoo, with a dash of Arch Enemy. I'd LOVE to do our own thing, father and son..that would rule!!
      That would be cool. A highly tech death/thrash metal band. But i got a qeustion how do you know all these professional musicians
      "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
      Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Hey guys there's a better version available. I noticed the link posted above was to a previous version released from the studio with Andy talking about recording it. Here's the real deal, released by Roadrunner today. CD quality and it's the entire song....

Official site of record label Elektra Music Group: Elektra Records, Fueled By Ramen, Roadrunner, Low Country Sound, Black Cement, Public Consumption, DTA Records
        - Adam

Comment

Originally posted by mjkv1 View Post
          I don't mind that he has a few marty chops, thank god he isn't just sweeping and finger tapping his head off, the solo was pretty cool. Dave can still write a mean riff!!! Enjoyed the breakdown in it!!! Fingers crossed the rest of the album is nice and fast!!! Wonder has he been using his deans to record, does he have any jacksons left lying around or were they all sold in that auction?
          Actually I wouldn't be surprised if he uses his old #1 still for recording. If I recall, I heard he still has it, as well as a couple others. So it wouldn't be shocking to hear he still uses them behind closed doors. The recording sounds like his Dean though, only because (to me) those pickups sound like the Mustaine Live Wires. I could be hearing things, but it sounds way too "active" to be his old Jacksons with passives. I might be imagining it though
          - Adam

Comment

You're probably right man, but ya never know, may have put a set in one of his old jacksons

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
              awww don't say that!!! Shawn is an AWESOME dude and drummer. He used our drummer's set when Eidolon used our rehearsal room for the BW & BK show.

My kid was about 7 years old at the time and blew Shawn, Glen and crew away when he got the chance to play some drums for them.

Did ya know that Shawn writes alot of Eidolon riffs and material and just gives them to his bro. He's an amazing guitarist himself. Prolly worthy to actually play guitar with 'Deth..

BTW did you hear Menza's and Dave E's solo, and side projects..they sucked tremendous balls!!!!
              I loved Menza...but he's in a Pantera rip-off band now. BLATANT RIPOFF AT THAT! Shawn Drover is an absolutely SICK drummer...and in the words of Dave Mustaine himself....he's the fastest guitar player in the world.

Headcrusher started out as one of Shawn's riffs......it has been confirmed that he's credited with writing 50% of the music for the song.

Bill, you are the man and almost always see things as I do....

You guys that are still all up Marty and Nick's asses need to step back and give this an honest chance. I love them both and Junior too, but move on already. This lineup wants to create new great metal, not follow trends or sell out or play Jap pop to be popular.
              Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

The new song sounds promising indeed.
                But I could've used more cowbell.

Looking good for potential September CD purchase.
                Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
                  You guys that are still all up Marty and Nick's asses need to step back and give this an honest chance. I love them both and Junior too, but move on already. This lineup wants to create new great metal, not follow trends or sell out or play Jap pop to be popular.
                  I gave this a chance, and I actually enjoy it for the most part.

Still doesn't change the fact that no matter what Mustaine does with Megadeth, those are very big shoes to fill.

Comment

Yeah, really. Bring back Jeff Young and Chuck Behler, for all I care.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      Yeah, really. Bring back Jeff Young and Chuck Behler, for all I care.
                      Chuck is prolly the worst guitarist thats been in deth
                      Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
                        Chuck is prolly the worst guitarist thats been in deth
                        I'd say so, too, considering he played drums! :ROTF:

And Jeff Young is a great guitar player.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          I'd say so, too, considering he played drums! :ROTF:

And Jeff Young is a great guitar player.
                          sorryy i meant to say chuck is the worst drummer megadeth has had my bad
                          Jackson Shred

Comment

but then again compared to the other guys in deth jeff isn't that amazing either. Not bad by any means just compared to other guys that have been in megadeth. Lets be honest jeff cant compare with marty or chriss
                            Jackson Shred

Comment

Originally posted by Soap View Post
                              The new song sounds promising indeed.
                              But I could've used more cowbell.

Looking good for potential September CD purchase.
                              You can never have too much... you just can't.
                              - Adam

Comment

I loved Menza...but he's in a Pantera rip-off band now. BLATANT RIPOFF AT THAT! Shawn Drover is an absolutely SICK drummer...and in the words of Dave Mustaine himself....he's the fastest guitar player in the world.

Headcrusher started out as one of Shawn's riffs......it has been confirmed that he's credited with writing 50% of the music for the song.

Bill, you are the man and almost always see things as I do....

I know man..we are always on the same page with music for the most part. We're good like that!

People always praise Menza and Ellefson, sure they were good in Dave Mustaine's band. But I bought Nick Menza's solo CD right after he left. What a pice of shit that is. Even worse id Ellefon's F5, Jesus fuggin' chrsit didn't he get the fuggin' memo that NU metal was dead, and let's not forget about Marty. I LOVE Marty's solos and his phrasing, but I own EVERYTHING he ever put out since Hawaii. Trust me, his writing peaked 20 years ago, and this new one he just put out confirms that..I'll still buy it tho because I'm a "completest". Let's also not forget about Chris Poland, his Damn the Machine was OK. Definitely something that had to grow on me, but nothing oputstanding. His first "Return to Metrpolis" was pretty good, but the second rare tracks CD blows chunks..it's fuggin' dance music and shit. It even suck for Dance music..I couldn't bust a move or anything.

Never was a fan of Al Petrelli, he's a "good" one size fits all studio player that does the job. No matter if it's in Savatage, Widowmaker, Vertex, Megadeth, ..pretty mundane writer, decent player..horrible attitude.

Now I have every Megadeth guitarist body of work. Including all of Jag Panzer before/after Chrsi Broderick. ALL of Glen Drover's stuff including their 1st demo tape they gave me. That means his worth with King Diamond, Megadeth, and Eidolon. He's an amazing writer that sound much too close to my own style. Actually more than any other guitarist I can think of, and it's just plain weird. He obviously liked my demo, which is cool.

Glen was a good match for Megadeth, he'a great METAL writer/player with a tone I really liked. Chris Broderick made huge strides with his abilities since he joined JP in '98. Harry Conklin and crew was so bummed out and confided in me that they really missed Joey Tafolla who was much better than Chris at THAT time. I saw them again a couple years later, still wearing the shirt I gave him. I asked Harry if he was still bummed. "He said no way, and he would never trade Chris back for Joey". He improved that much. Then Chris playing rythm in Nvermore really kicked him in the ass. The first song on "Casting the stone" was right after the NM tour and it sound soooo much like NM..it's crazy..but cool. Broderick really busted hump because he had HUGE shoes to fill with Joey Tafolla, and really admired Jeff Loomis. He truly deserves to be where's he's at, and he has something to proove and he will!

Glen was cool, but he burned out quick from touring and just missed being home with his family. As much as I'm a fan of Drover's. I think Chris B would be a better fit. Even better than Marty because Metal is not where his head is at...which is cool. But Megadeth is all about Metal. That is prolly why I'm partial to Glen, Shawn, Broderick's writing style. It's all about the metal..No Jazz, Blues, or Techno to explore or get out of their system. Never was and never will be.

I'm a MUCH better bassist than I'll ever be a guitarist even if I praction 24/7 for the next two decades. With that said I would take James MacDonough over Dave Ellefson anyday. Overall, He's by far a MUCH better bassist. Bass players don't impress me, especially in mteal. James always impressed me live..Ellefson NEVER did.

Dave keeps his standards high and he keeps raising the bar. he always had a chip on his shoulder, and knows who the heavy hitters are when he needs them. Dave is the best at picking the best musicians and he doesn't take steps backwards..with the exception of Petrelli. His new line-up his a continuum of this. He really wants Jeff Loomis, but Jeff wants to do his thing, good for him..he definitely should! Chris B is the only other obvious alternative for his camp. There'a few more player that would fit like a glove, but I think Chris is the best choice! I will miss him in Jag Panzer..but maybe Joey will go back so everybody wins.

I don't care how good you can noodle..it's all about the music. Some of my friends are the best noodlers, and can't write for shit. Y'know..I betcha I can do OK writing with Megadeth. I'm not one for covering shit tho..
                                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                                X