Journey at Download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Journey at Download

Ok, I know we talked about Journey and Neils guitar playing and the new singer a while back.

But let me just say DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

The singer is better with his pronunciations now, though (and i'm not making a joke) I could have sworn in Separate Ways he said I really mish you girl. I may have misheard it but it actually make me do a double take for a second. The sound quality wasn't as good as it should have been (on tape) but Neil still kicks ass.

Have they actually recorded an album yet with new stuff with the new guy yet?

This makes me really want to see them live.

Btw, anyone here see them live with Triumph? I think it was like 81? I was 10 so my parents wouldn't take me or let me go... lol... Journey is probably my longest loved band (err ok my english aint so great either lol... Mish you all! )
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

I saw part of this last night. For the most part the singer kicked ass. The mix, however was terrible, and neal was sloppy as shit. Hes a much better sounding player as a melodic soloist than a shredder. that being said, if I can swing some tickets, im seeing them in august.
    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Agreed the sound was horrible, i have to wonder if it's one of those situations where band A goes on and then band B is rushed out there. I don't see how they could sound check every band that well at an event like this but then who knows..

still would love to see them live

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
        Btw, anyone here see them live with Triumph? I think it was like 81? I was 10 so my parents wouldn't take me or let me go... lol... Journey is probably my longest loved band (err ok my english aint so great either lol... Mish you all! )

YES! I did at the Rose Bowl...

Aldo Nova opened then Triumph and then Journey...I wasn't a Journey fan then...I was SICK of hearing them on the radio!

Good show though....Aldo kicked ass.
        Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
          YES! I did at the Rose Bowl...

Aldo Nova opened then Triumph and then Journey...I wasn't a Journey fan then...I was SICK of hearing them on the radio!

Good show though....Aldo kicked ass.
          Holy crap, I haven't heard the name Aldo Nova since... the 80's i think.

Comment

Where were you guys watching this? I saw it live on webcast, and my friend was actually there. For me and for him the sound was crystal clear, though the rhythm guitar/piano was lost a bit, mainly because Jon Cain looked and sounded a bit lost I reckon.

They have done an album with the new guy and it is really good. It is called Revelations.
            http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

I was watching it on VH1 Classics. I saw the repeat and I couldn't hear bass or keyboards on the mix they had. I'm sure stuff will pop up on youtube and it'll sound better.

Comment

I caught Journey a few years back w/ REO and Styx, They sounded great that night. Or Maybe it was the 12th $8 beer I had at the Venue.. Oddly enough REO went on first and IMO were the best of the 3..

Comment

Working...
                X