No announcement yet.

Danthrax no more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually I liked dan nelson and the record was set to come out pretty soon, I hope they wont re-record with an other dude...
    I wonder what it feels like to have money...

...ahhh fuck it guitars are better!

Comment

Speaking of Anthrax....

Dan Spitz's PRS is on ebay:

Comment

That thing has been on ebay and elsewhere for years. Hideous isn't it?
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
          hideous isn't it?
          +100

Comment

Its nice, but I on't get his thing for TMNT.
            I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
              Its nice, but I on't get his thing for TMNT.
              If you were alive in the '80s and saw his Jacksons, you would get it.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

that is all kinds of ugly! I'll say one thing for it - it's pretty distinctive, with a spalted top, and turtle graphics, and 6-a-side tuners, and knob on the lower horn, and white single coils.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

i like the pick up configuration a lot...it's like the old PRS studio guitars from the 80s but the headstock and knob on the horn are hideous
                  GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Spitz and Belladonna should just have a band, it'd be a shitload better than Ianthrax.

Comment

Originally posted by GuerillaPete View Post
                      Scott & Charlie are the 'Gene' & 'Paul' of Anthrax.
                      Go one better, "Hetfield & Ulrich" :idea:
                      I dont get scared but i do get shocked!!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        Oh, my bad. I didn't know the new singer's name. Ha! They should bring Neil Turbin back.
                        Dude YES!

I'm metal thrashing MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD !!!!
                        "Dear Dr. Bill,
                        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

What's the Billy Milano story? I never heard that one.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                            Everyone loves Scott Ian?! Ha ha, ask Bush or Belladonna, or Spitz!
                            I like him. Of course on the internets some musicians develop into saints and assholes based on the ebb and flow of opinions from us saints and assholes.

Like Dave Mustaine, who gives a shit if he is an asshole. All that should matter is the product, the music....wishful thinking.

But to the topic, it does seem like bad timing. I want to hear the new album NOW
                            Last edited by Vlover; 07-20-2009, 11:32 AM.
                            www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
                            the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

Originally posted by Vlover View Post
                              I like him. Of course on the internets some musicians develop into saints and assholes based on the ebb and flow of opinions from us saints and assholes.

Like Dave Mustaine, who gives a shit if he is an asshole. All that should matter is the product, the music....wishful thinking.

But to the topic, it does seem like bad timing. I want to hear the new album NOW
                              my point in saying that anthrax should fire scott ian isn't based around whether or not he is a cool dude in person. i am sure he is. he seems like it....BUT, since the loss of dan spitz that band has had such a revolving door of lead guitar players and spotty releases that it is sad.

when they first got bush anthrax was ready to explode into a force not unlike megadeth or metallica or slayer - one of the originals that wsa ready to take the big time. but anthrax dropped the ball.

the gig i saw anthrax in last, was this dinky assed bar in clearwater, FL. my band played that club on a regular basis - capacity of about 300 people. they were touring for "we've come for you all".

come on!!!! my band has toured and played venues like that and we're nobody's. ANTHRAX?!?!?! it was a good show, but a bit sad at the same time.

now, like it or not, anthrax has been getting a ton of press and playing some big shows - to good reception - with the new singer. anthrax could have an excellent album coming - i mean they have had 6 years to work on it - but there is a possibility that the new singer is gone before a proper tour?

it has been stated that ian had another row with bello....gee, gonna fire him again, too?

scott ian needs to look inthe mirror and see where his band WAS in the 80's, where it has been ever since, and THEN look at where it's about to go, and shut the fuck up.

of course it could be nothing, and maybe the dude is just sick. hahahaha. or maybe he pussed out on the committments, and scott ian has nothing to do with it....

anyway, just my thoughts
                              Last edited by markD; 07-20-2009, 12:20 PM. Reason: missing word
                              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Internet speculation cracks me up! Could be any reason. Maybe Dan is sick.... He was twitterring about partying and goin out for UFC 100, but is too sick to tour..... Then his twitter got updated about how he loves his family..... then Dan is done. Could be that he's one of THOSE unreliable people.... We've all worked with them at one time or another. Maybe it's other internal crap....who knows. I'm sure we'll find out sooner or later.

Scott Ian is a great dude in my book. I was in LA a few years back and was hanging at the Rainbow (There were a lot of stars out as it was the premier of "Constantine" that night) In a night with Lemmy sitting playing megatouch, Dave Atell, Johnny Knoxville, Andy Dick, Static-x, Keanu Reeves {who I elbowed in the back...long story} and others were in and out all night. Well, at one point Scott Ian and Pearl enterred the bar. By this point I was about 3/4 of a bottle of Jager into the evening so I did what came natural of course......I cornerred Scott for what my buddies said was the better part of an hour. He was nothing but cool. We talked about the good old days an NYC clubs as well as City Gardens in Trenton NJ which he rememberred vividly. Extermely cool dude.
                                Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Working...
                                X