Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
    Dude YES!

I'm metal thrashing MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD !!!!
    Neil was great, and so was John Bush. I liked Joey at the time, but not so much any more.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
      it has been stated that ian had another row with bello....gee, gonna fire him again, too?
      Frank won't get fired, considering Charlie is his uncle. Also, Frank quit last time and wanted to work on some kind of modeling career or whatver, and then he played in Helmet for a brief period.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Scott seems like an okay guy. This made me laugh...

Scott Ian, rhythm guitarist for Anthrax, plays his own band's song, "Madhouse", on easy.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
          my point in saying that anthrax should fire scott ian isn't based around whether or not he is a cool dude in person. i am sure he is. he seems like it....BUT, since the loss of dan spitz that band has had such a revolving door of lead guitar players and spotty releases that it is sad.

when they first got bush anthrax was ready to explode into a force not unlike megadeth or metallica or slayer - one of the originals that wsa ready to take the big time. but anthrax dropped the ball.

the gig i saw anthrax in last, was this dinky assed bar in clearwater, FL. my band played that club on a regular basis - capacity of about 300 people. they were touring for "we've come for you all".

come on!!!! my band has toured and played venues like that and we're nobody's. ANTHRAX?!?!?! it was a good show, but a bit sad at the same time.

now, like it or not, anthrax has been getting a ton of press and playing some big shows - to good reception - with the new singer. anthrax could have an excellent album coming - i mean they have had 6 years to work on it - but there is a possibility that the new singer is gone before a proper tour?

it has been stated that ian had another row with bello....gee, gonna fire him again, too?

scott ian needs to look inthe mirror and see where his band WAS in the 80's, where it has been ever since, and THEN look at where it's about to go, and shut the fuck up.

of course it could be nothing, and maybe the dude is just sick. hahahaha. or maybe he pussed out on the committments, and scott ian has nothing to do with it....

anyway, just my thoughts
          Scott Ian IS Anthrax. So is the Drummer and Bass player. I dont know the band as intimately as others, I just know I listen to those 3 who every album, every song I liked from them had those 3 in it. That tells me from my perspective is that anyone of them leaves, its not anthrax I like. And all I care about is music i like.

Fuck these peoples personalities. I got my own to deal with.

Now the reason they haven't achieved the same level as Megadeth, Slayer and Metallica...allot of reasons, but i don't care.

Now for the lead Single not making the dates. Its all speculation. I think the whole Micheal Jackson death may be involved, just sayin...
          www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
          the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

The TMNT graphic was a weak homage to the past IMO. Even with out it that guitar would be as ugly as he is short.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
              What's the Billy Milano story? I never heard that one.

Billy Milano seems to have had this love/hate relationship with Scott Ian for years. The last I heard was that Billy was saying he got "fucked over" by Scott when the IRS were chasing the latter for loadsa back tax. How he did so is anyone's guess!

I suspect if you asked Billy on any given day why he doesn't like Charlie & Scott, he'd have a different reason.
              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

You know what bring in john connely nuclear assualt hasnt done anything lately and john was going to be in anthrax b4. He can replace the singer and scot
                "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
                Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Billy Milano spends his life badmouthing Scott.
                  But then Billy seems to hate everyone.
                  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

But that's OK, because we love Billy.

In a completely non Wilksy-Baby jizz-fest sort of way.
                    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Every time I met Scott Ian he was a dick. At NAMM in the autograph sessions at various booths he wouldn't talk to anyone. I tried to make very small talk with him and he pretty much ignored me.

My wife and I paid for meet and greet passes for the Belladonna shows. The band was totally late, we didn't get the soundcheck as promised. Then we get the meet and greet. There's only like 30 people in line and my wife asks Frankie if she can get a picture with him. Scott doesn't even look at us and in a totally rude voice says NO PICTURES!. Frankie looked puzzled. I had made some fake Savage Animal flyers and handed them to the band:

The safest and most inclusive global community of photography enthusiasts. The best place for inspiration, connection, and sharing!

Scott looked pissed at first, the rest of the band was cracking up. Scott then smirked a little bit and finally gave a chuckle. Frankie, Joey, and Charlie were super cool and thanked me profusely. Scott looked like he didn't want to be there. We paid for the meet and greet and the fanclub, you bald midget. At least pretend like you're thankful!

heavymetal, anthrax, thepound, thrashmetal, charliebenante, scottian, amongtheliving, frankbello, joebelladonna

(Charlie and Joey laughing).

Later I emailed the band's webmaster and said Scott has been a dick every time I have met him. He responded that he's not the most personable guy and that next time I see Scott I should tell him or I should email him about his actions. Reading between the entire response from the webmaster I got the feeling that I wasn't the only one who had issues with the guy.

A friend of mine heard from someone very close to Anthrax last year at NAMM that Dan was a total dick and had a massive ego since joining the band and that some of the bandmembers wanted a new singer ASAP.

I've seen some of the YouTube clips and I don't think the guy is right for the band. Sounds like a bad Phil Anselmo imitation.

Comment

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA

Dude that Savage Animal flying is my background now, that was awesome!
                        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Wikipedia is saying
                          On July 21, 2009 it was reported by legendary metal news website Blabbermouth that Nelson had been fired from Anthrax after becoming involved in an affray with Frank Bello. Nelson promptly left the band in Oslo. His replacement is John Corabi.
                          Wonder where the hell they got that info.
                          Supposedly Anthrax is supposed to do a press release later today.

Comment

Wikipedia? I'm not holding my breath about this, but I don't really care who they get unless it's Bush or Belladonna.
                            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Well neil turban cant come back anyways hes in a band deathriders
                              "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
                              Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

According to the Anthrax site, Nelson is ill.

"Yesterday, lead singer Dan Nelson unexpectedly informed the band that he was seriously ill and unable to travel or perform at this time."

Comment

Working...
                                X