John Norum - Jackson player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Norum - Jackson player?

I was watching the video for Love is Meant to Last Forever because I was having some Norum nostalgia after reading the Marcel Jacob post and spotted what seems to be a black soloist in the vid. I don't remember him being a Jackson guy so I was kind of surprised.

Do my eyes deceive me?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Was he a Jackson artist at one time or did he just play it in the video?
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

John Norum is awesome!!! Not only is he extremely melodic in his solos, but he has some great rythm playing as well - after the Europe stuff of course. His playing is always interesting and busy, but still melodic. His first two solo albums really rocked - Total Control and Face the Truth.
    Enough of the fan boy rant. I have no idea if he ever endorsed Jackson. I do know he played many different guitars - Les Paul, Shecter, Fender, etc. I have even seen concert pics of him with a Silverburst V. Lately he has taken the Zakk Wylde approach of a Gibson Les Paul loaded with EMG's.
    Sorry to be of no help......Also very sad concerning the loss of Marcel Jacob - that came out of nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
      John Norum is awesome!!! Not only is he extremely melodic in his solos, but he has some great rythm playing as well - after the Europe stuff of course. His playing is always interesting and busy, but still melodic. His first two solo albums really rocked - Total Control and Face the Truth.
      Enough of the fan boy rant. I have no idea if he ever endorsed Jackson. I do know he played many different guitars - Les Paul, Shecter, Fender, etc. I have even seen concert pics of him with a Silverburst V. Lately he has taken the Zakk Wylde approach of a Gibson Les Paul loaded with EMG's.
      Sorry to be of no help......Also very sad concerning the loss of Marcel Jacob - that came out of nowhere.
      +1 Huge fan..have all his works!!!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah, I know he was pretty brand neutral back in the day. Hell he plays like 8 different guitars in that video. It's like he was possessed by CC Deville.

I was just curious if that was a Jackson there or not. The sharkfins seem a little off and you never really get a good look at the headstock.

Total Control is one of my all-time favorite albums. I love his takes on Thin Lizzy tunes.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Face The Truth is in my top ten of all time favs. John is awesome.
          Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
          www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Best Dokken Guitarist IMO..Billy White!

OK, instead of derailing this thread, and stealing any well deserved thunder from the awesome John Norum.

I posted a story of the best Dokken guitarist I ever witnessed.

I think Billy White derserves his own thread on the JCF..

Well you gotta be a Mofo to be in Watchtower's camp.

See Billy White thread.
            Last edited by horns666; 07-27-2009, 09:21 AM.
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
            X