Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If this guy would have taken the stage just before Jimi...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If this guy would have taken the stage just before Jimi...

At Woodstock in 69'... Jimi wouldnt have gone on afterwards! :-))

Shred without distortion... It would have been ... Monte Montgomery"..
    Axis bold as love"..!

***to funny...forgot to post my proof! Youtube...Little Wing"..Monte Sorry!

Here again is the classic live performance in a small Austin TV studio. The first time this clip was uploaded to YouTube by user montiac1 in June 2006, it ex...
    Last edited by Robert Burns; 08-14-2009, 10:42 AM.

Jimi wouldn't give a fuck. He would go on stage and proceed ripping the shit out of everyone.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
      Jimi wouldn't give a fuck. He would go on stage and proceed ripping the shit out of everyone.
      exactly. just like he did to the who at monterey.
      Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

I don't understand why everyone thinks Jimi was the man. Obviously there was talent in those bloody long ass fingers on his... but all I hear sloppy playing (not by any means insinuating that I am any less sloppy) coupled with horrible tone.... I have tried many times to figure out what I am obviously missing... and I feel like I am staring at one of those pictures with all the dots behind which lays some sort of an image... only.... I can't see the damn thing....
        "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
          I don't understand why everyone thinks Jimi was the man. Obviously there was talent in those bloody long ass fingers on his... but all I hear sloppy playing (not by any means insinuating that I am any less sloppy) coupled with horrible tone.... I have tried many times to figure out what I am obviously missing... and I feel like I am staring at one of those pictures with all the dots behind which lays some sort of an image... only.... I can't see the damn thing....
          +1

I guess he was more of a innovator, so to speak. Most of the stuff by him that I enjoy, is covers of him done by SRV, or Clapton.

Example:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
          Originally posted by horns666
          The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Well, looking back at artists before your life started it's hard to get perspective as to how innovative they were at the time. Especially an artist who's work has be re-interpreted several hundred times like Jimi.

Jimi in 1969 performing Little Wing (Written 1967)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo_WAbnKCPc

Other songs that were in the top 5 albums when Little Wing was released...

The Turtles - Happy Together (Enjoy the emo hair and top hats)
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The Association - Windy

Music Explosion - Little Bit 'O Soul

Now you have a little better perspective as to why Hendrix is so highly regarded. I'm certainly not a giant Jimi fan myself but I do understand that he literally changed the direction of music and live performance (in my opinion for the better) for everyone that came after.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

when I was a young'un just getting into guitar, it was guys like Gary Moore, Adrian Smith, EVH, Yngwie that were turning me on and I felt just like you guys do about Jimi - I never understood the fuss. All the guitar mags would talk about the nuance & incredible rhythmic ability & the intricacies of his playing, but compared to the guys I was listening to it all sounded like slop at the time.

But now I get it, and it took listening to the Disciples of Jimi, people like SRV, to get me there. It's probably also a product of getting older and appreciating different things in a guitarist. I don't think it's a case of getting mellow or more conservative with old age either - I still looove the playing of guys like Gus G, Magnus Karlsson, Ron Thal & Jeff Loomis too. I can't explain it but something just clicked one day and suddenly I could really get Hendrix's music. When he was ON, his playing was just sublime.

Speaking of Hendrix covers, I picked up the Experience Hendrix DVD a couple of days ago. Mainly because Living Colour play on it, but there are some great performances on there by folks like KWS, Eric Gales, Indigenous, Buddy Guy, Mick Taylor & Robert Randolph. Even the dude from Kid Rock's band puts in a good showing. And Jerry Cantrell turns up in the All Star Jam on Voodoo Child at the end too.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

I can relate..im 55..so when i first told my mom from the back seat of
                our station wagon..in 1967'...to "Turn it up"!! Hearing "Fire" for the first
                time...i was floored! Remember at the time all you heard on the radio
                was "House of the rising son"...or "Wendy" by the Association! When
                Jimi screamed onto the scene, it was like time travel. My friends and i
                would tell eachother..."Its like a guy from 50 years from now"! He was
                that different, that innovative, and "Freaky" even for hippie standards of
                the day. I was just making a joke with Monte.. he an amazing player,
                but Jimi first wrote that riff! And about 30 more legendary ones, that
                clones havent done even once! So i can give major praise to Mr. Hendrix.
                I got to be wowed by him at age 12...and for the next 43
                more years... more to come!

Comment

I got into his stuff before I got too jaded. In his defense...heavy distortion was way new at the time, and it wasn't until Eddie came along years later that anyone got super tight control over it.

Comment

now what would have happens if cacaphony was around and played before Hendrix what would have happens then I believe that all the hippies in the crowds heads would have exploded
                    Last edited by toxikdeth; 08-13-2009, 09:20 PM.
                    "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
                    Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

What is a cacalhony?
                      Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Was this supposed to be a Monte Montgomery thread? He's awesome. Was there a link to a youtube vid or something? Someone should post one. I always get a kick out of Robert's long-winded titles that don't fit on the front page, but this time he outdid himself & managed to highjack his own thread before it even started.

j/k man! You keep this section worth checking on, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
                          What is a cacalhony?
                          Shit so sorry I meant cacaphony the l is right by the p on the keyboard
                          "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
                          Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
                            Still wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
                              not on my keyboard. And what is "cacaphony"? The sound of shit?
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X