No announcement yet.

New Kiss Tune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprisingly good considering how they've become their own best tribute band over the last few years.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
      Hell, it's great being 40 (almost) and going to concerts.
      Hell yeah I went to see Living Colour last week and had to drive through pouring rain to get there. I'm not getting any younger but it's great to see bands kick ass on stage no matter what your age is.

Comment

The hottest band in the world. The new album clips sound GREAT. Classic Marshall guitar tone.

Comment

I just saw them Saturday at Mohegan SUN. it was my Sons(10) first Concert and my first time seeing Kiss. Ive never been a huge fan. I was totally blown away. Great Show. Ive never been to a concert this loud that sounded so clear. My son wanted his forst show to be Kiss. He was blown away. Actually almost jerked a tear out of me watching him rock out to music I grew up with. They played the new song. It was the first time I heard it. It really fit in with the rest of their set. I'm going to buy the new record.
          "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Originally posted by sambencuda View Post
            I just saw them Saturday at Mohegan SUN. it was my Sons(10) first Concert and my first time seeing Kiss. Ive never been a huge fan. I was totally blown away. Great Show. Ive never been to a concert this loud that sounded so clear. My son wanted his forst show to be Kiss. He was blown away. Actually almost jerked a tear out of me watching him rock out to music I grew up with. They played the new song. It was the first time I heard it. It really fit in with the rest of their set. I'm going to buy the new record.
            Great review.
            I've seen them a couple of times back in the early years.
            Kiss is a good live band because the pride themselves in providing a great live show. That can't be said for most bands today. They put out a good CD but suck live. Kiss on the hand as a live band delivers the goods.
            I've never been disappointed with a kiss concert.

Congrats with the boy.
            You created a very cool memory that he won't ever forget.
            And you made a good choice for his first concert.
            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Congrats with the boy.
              You created a very cool memory that he won't ever forget.
              And you made a good choice for his first concert.
              Actually, it was his choice! He's been playing drums for 3 years now. He loves Kiss, Dio, Maiden and AC/DC. All of those whould have been great concerts, but I cant imagine a better first impression than this Kiss show. He's still talking about it.
              "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Just got the new album today. I have to say, I like it a lot! I was a little skeptical at first but, WOW it sounds good! The tunes towards the end are ok and the first song "Delilah" is pretty good but I have to say tracks 3 and 4 are AWESOME. I picked it up this morning at WalMart and drove around today listening to it. "Never Enough" is Excellent and "Yes I Know (Nobody'd Perfect)" is just SO GOOD. I cranked it 5 or 6 times in a row just rocking to it. I love it.

Their re-makes CD is good too. Most song's sound very similar but have a new "tweak" to them. Enough not to be bored listening to the same songs re-packaged.

I haven't checked out the DVD yet.

I can't wait to see them this Friday at Nassau Coliseum (Long Island) with my 16 y/o son. His second KISS show and my 12th?? I think maybe 13 (my first was 1977). But I can't wait.
                Guitars:
                Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
                1988 Model 2,
                Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
                RR3
                Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
                1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                2005 SG Special

Comment

Just caught them on Letterman. Awesome for old men!

Comment

Atleast you guys have some taste! there was some bashing on harmony central that someone posted. I still like them even 33 yrs later, brings me back when I started drumming back in 76. There were 2 kinds of people, rockers and non rockers. Growing up outside of detroit my school was full of rockers and we are the ones that killed disco! lol And when you guys turn 60 I hope your still jamming cause I will be! I was pretty impressed when I heard the new music, does sound like old kiss in away and tommy did a good job on guitar and leads also! Its just good old rock and roll!
                    Last edited by ken361; 10-13-2009, 09:44 AM.
                    EVh Wolfgang/frankenstein pup
                    1959Epiphone les paul
                    george L cables
                    mxr pedals
                    Engl fireball 100

Comment

Originally posted by ken361 View Post
                      Its just good old rock and roll!
                      Exactly! Like the new AC/DC album, or any new Motorhead album. It's not reinventing the wheel, but neither is it a pile of crappy songs - it's GOOD rock n roll!
                      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Sounds Cool!

Comment

Working...
                        X