april wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• april wine

I forgot how good these guys were, especially for their time. they wrote catchy songs with interesting off-timing parts and 3 guitars used pretty creatively, and had some hits with just good songwriting.

this is a good one - I Like To Rock - the cool tremelo picking on low E intro - the canadian studio with the windows and the forest right there - badass

Arguably April Wine's best song, I Like To Rock, Originally released in 1979 on the album "Harder... Faster..." Obviously I own no rights, in any way, shape...
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

I always liked April Wine. Not a fanboy by any means, but their radio tunes were always well written and well produced. Overall, pretty underrated.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Great songs, Myles was kind of a dick to us when we opened for them back in the day...

Comment

Check out the Jackson in this one

Live performance at Sunfest '93 -Gimli,Manitoba,Canadahttp://aprilwine.ca/

joe...
        www.godwentpunk.com
        www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Jerry Mercer is a very underated rock drummer...Crash and Burn has a cool shuffle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Originally posted by GodWentPUNK View Post
            Check out the Jackson in this one

Live performance at Sunfest '93 -Gimli,Manitoba,Canadahttp://aprilwine.ca/

joe...
            Looks like an LTD 88 to me. Excellent find, Joe.
            MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Didn't they also have a song called, "If you see Kay"?
              Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Indeed they did! Saw it on Youtube the other day.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I dig April Wine quite a bit...

I Like to Rock

I Wanna Rock (more of a "fun"/humorous song)

Crash and Burn

Fun songs to play, just good hard rock stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL View Post
                    I always liked April Wine. Not a fanboy by any means, but their radio tunes were always well written and well produced. Overall, pretty underrated.

- E.
                    +1 Same opinion. I have one of there CDs.

Comment

yeah they were always kind of a peripheral band for me back in the day, and I was 16 in 1980 when they were apparently huge. I never got really into them, but you'd hear them in a friends basement and it was like - that's a good song. so I liked them but only on the periphery of stuff I really got into. I never got any of their albums.

now as a musician I can really appreciate what they were up to.

Comment

Originally posted by sevser View Post
                        Jerry Mercer is a very underated rock drummer...Crash and Burn has a cool shuffle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywR6a...om=PL&index=56
                        agreed.

All Over Town especially has a cool off timing snare beat.

Comment

This one was way ahead of its time imo... awesome song! And one of the big reasons why i like delay in my signal.. influenced me big time!

Great song from the album "First Glance" from 1978 by April Wine.

*** I had no idea Reb Beach was the lead singer either !! LOL

April Wine performs their hit rocker "Roller" at the University of Reading in Reading, Berkshire England, for a 1980 BBC telecast of "Rock Goes to College". ...
                          Last edited by Robert Burns; 08-26-2009, 10:02 PM.

Comment

big fan...I remember seeing them during their Nature of the Beast tour....great songs with cool guitar parts
                            www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                            My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

If one of you guys pulls The Headpins out of the closet imma have to off myself. :ROTF:
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                              X