No announcement yet.

Man i wish i was this smooth !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=shredmonster;1278319]Ha ! You guys are right - totally Vai.

I have never understood why people don't want to be original but that is just me.

It has already been done before - if you sound like Eddie or Schenker etc...
    I think it a waste of talent that a person who can play like this does not go in their own direction. Use their own brain to come up with something unique to them.

I don't want to play or sound like anybody else in tone, feel or anything.
    I play my own custom guitars that I had built for me and I have my own tone.
    I don't play Marshall or Boogie or Peavey.

Be original man. I know not everybody can. But why take the time to simply copy when you can use it to be your own person.

But hey if it makes him happy then whatever. Sounds just like Vai in tone and technique.[/QUOTE

Ive found that 90% of the time, these "Clones" DO have originals out there. Its just that they are so limited in release, and label backing, that
    no one ever gets to hear the albums. The top guys on Youtube who get
    a bad rap about being "Copycats"...have really good fresh albums of their
    originals. Just no circulation!

Comment

I believe Mr. Burns is probably correct. With the talent alot of the guys on Youtube have, they must have some good original material. But, Youtube is almost like a guitar solo at a concert. You have a couple minutes to blow your wad, so it better be the most flash you have. I don't think anyone has the patience to listen through 5 minutes of a "composition" and feel the music. That guy definitely can play and has chops, but I would take Michael Schenker / UFO "Lipstick Traces" over that.

Comment

You can put the sparkleist glitter on a turd, and while the glitter may be the shiniest ever seen...you are still left with a glitter turd.
        www.JerryRobison.com
        '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

Originally posted by Partial @ Marshall View Post
          You can put the sparkleist glitter on a turd, and while the glitter may be the shiniest ever seen...you are still left with a glitter turd.
          That reminds me, I need to feed the dogs some glitter. It's hard to see their turds when it's dark outside.

Comment

Working...
          X