Man i wish i was this smooth !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man i wish i was this smooth !

Andy James... This how i play when im sleeping... only trouble is i wake up, and its me instead of Andy! Wow... Tone is killer, and clean precision
    fretwork!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

He looks like he's got litle baby hands.

Sure he can play, but the composition leaves me feeling flat - very instructional video intro sounding.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

He's got the Vai style phrasing down that's for sure. It would interesting to hear without the cock-ring capo muting all the loose strings.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
        He looks like he's got litle baby hands.

Sure he can play, but the composition leaves me feeling flat - very instructional video intro sounding.
        it is an instructional video
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Vai better watch his step. This guy is a drop-in replacement.

Comment

Too much lose 4th finger movement IMO. However, I wish I could play like that!

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
              it is an instructional video
              Well then he definately nailed it!
              Blank yo!

Comment

Is that an Ernie Ball guitar?
                MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                  ... and clean precision fretwork!
                  He's no slouch but he's also using a scrunchy at the 1st fret to mute the open strings. I don't buy into that whole scrunchy thing and I don't care who uses it. I'm old fashioned and use my right and left hand to mute strings.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
                    I don't buy into that whole scrunchy thing and I don't care who uses it.
                    Yeah - scrunchies are ghey! I use a rubber-band.
                    Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by grandturk View Post
                      yeah - scrunchies are ghey! I use a rubber-band.

Comment

I checked out some of his video's and he's really really good. I enjoyed a few of them.

I agree that scrunchy thing is totally gay, I can't really knock it because great players use it (Guthrie, Greg Howe, etc.) but I think it's sort of a cheap way of being able to just go ape shit without sounding sloppy...But that doesn't mean these guys are sloppy at all..just my 2 cents.
                        Originally posted by horns666
                        The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Ha ! You guys are right - totally Vai.

I have never understood why people don't want to be original but that is just me.

It has already been done before - if you sound like Eddie or Schenker etc...
                          I think it a waste of talent that a person who can play like this does not go in their own direction. Use their own brain to come up with something unique to them.

I don't want to play or sound like anybody else in tone, feel or anything.
                          I play my own custom guitars that I had built for me and I have my own tone.
                          I don't play Marshall or Boogie or Peavey.

Be original man. I know not everybody can. But why take the time to simply copy when you can use it to be your own person.

But hey if it makes him happy then whatever. Sounds just like Vai in tone and technique.
                          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Scrunchy is a good studio tool...no cock rings live though. As for this guy...just not feeling it. Song is boring as hell
                            www.JerryRobison.com
                            '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

Originally posted by shredmonster View Post
                              Ha ! You guys are right - totally Vai.

I have never understood why people don't want to be original but that is just me.

It has already been done before - if you sound like Eddie or Schenker etc...
                              I think it a waste of talent that a person who can play like this does not go in their own direction. Use their own brain to come up with something unique to them.

I don't want to play or sound like anybody else in tone, feel or anything.
                              I play my own custom guitars that I had built for me and I have my own tone.
                              I don't play Marshall or Boogie or Peavey.

Be original man. I know not everybody can. But why take the time to simply copy when you can use it to be your own person.

But hey if it makes him happy then whatever. Sounds just like Vai in tone and technique.
                              actually Andy doesn't sound like Vai at all usually, he just did an instructional video of Vai's licks and whatnot
                              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                              X