"tortured" and "tourmented"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "tortured" and "tourmented"

Custom Shop Charvel guitars aren't just "reliced" any more. Check out the ones at Wild West and The Music Zoo. Pretty clever!

sorry i think they look like dumb

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
      sorry i think they look like dumb
      Agree. And who is going to spend over $3K for a guitar that's all chipped up and looks beat to hell? Seriously, who?
      Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
      www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Especially a NEW guitar! If I'm paying that much for something beat to hell, it better have been owned by someone famous AND someone I'm a fan of. Eddie Ojeda's Bullseye Charvel or something like that.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Basically $3200 for a guitar with a jacked-up finish. The Music Zoo Natural series sell for roughly half of that. Just sayin'...

And with the Naturals, you don't have to constantly explain to people that no, your guitar isn't old: you just paid someone else a lot of money to make it look that way even if it has no effect on playability or tone.
          :ROTF:
          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

I think they're cool as hell. And I'm usually no fan of relics.

Comment

Not a fan....

Comment

TMZ has been sitting on a whole bunch of those for a while now (not the tortured ones, the tourmented ones.)

I would sum up my feelings as such; I think that old beat-up Strat-head Charvels are cool, but I still think "relics" are stupid.

It's the same as back in the 80's, if you washed and wore your jeans long enough they would fade a lot and get holes in the knees, or you could go buy the "shotgun blasted and stonewashed/bleached" versions if you just wanted to "look cool" in your fake worn-out jeans.

Comment

Relic might look good on a classic guitar, but who want's a relic'd Bengal SL2H for example?

I have a 2002 LP Standard I bought new and it still looks new. No matter how much I play it, I just can't get it to wear down.

I would not intentionally wear it down by using a belt buckle or sweating all over it, so it's got to wear down from just being played. I guess it will look new forever.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                    I think they're cool as hell. And I'm usually no fan of relics.
                    Same here. I especially like the powder blue and the white.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, I had a 20+ year old Charvel and it didn't look anywhere close to the "relic" job I see on these.

Usually the "relics" look like they were owned by fall-down drunks who hated their guitars.

Comment

I like the slime green reverse strat head on the web site. I dont like the price but the guitars are cool.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          http://cgi.ebay.com/Charvel-Custom-S...d=p3286.c0.m14
                          Love the blue one...

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            http://cgi.ebay.com/Charvel-Custom-S...d=p3286.c0.m14

but ide like them alot more if they still looked new.

Comment

I agree, they'd be nicer if they looked new, but they have that cool worn in and used look without being too fake like a lot of other relics.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X