Gonna get a Charvel, so excited!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna get a Charvel, so excited!

My dad just told me that he'd help me get a Charvel for Christmas. I think no more than about $1800. I'm really stoked. Every time I get to play one, I always love them. The necks, feel, etc...

The problem is that I don't know what to get. I'm gonna have to buy sight unseen. I like to play hard rock in general. Everything from UFO, Deep Purple, Ratt, Badlands, Yngwie, etc...

I'm looking at the Music Zoo Natural Series. What do you guys think?

For that coin you can backdoor a Grover Legacy these days, I think.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Yep, you'll have quite a few to choose from in your range. Those MZ naturals are nice, but don't hesitate to make an offer on anything you see listed anywhere, even if it seems out of range. Dealers can only go so low in the advertising due to MAP restrictions, even on eBay. It's a bigtime buyer's market right now, and the worst they can do is say "No".

Comment

Just google around for shops/dealers, you might even see some custom shop models close to that range if they are trying to blow out stock for the holidays.
        Jackson KV2
        Jackson KE1T
        Jackson KE1F
        Jackson SL1

Comment

That's a cool f'n Dad. Good luck!!!!

Comment

Whatever you do - don't leave it just lying under the Christmas tree. The neck might explode!
            Blank yo!

Comment

Don't start that again!!!! :ROTF:

Comment

$1800? You can score a couple of ProMods for that!
                Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I would hunt down a vintage San Dimas strat head. Thats just me..
                  http://www.facebook.com/HairRaidBand

Comment

Can I have your dad?
                    Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Very cool! You could get a nice pointy SD reissue and a new pro mod for that amount. Like others have said, don't be afraid to float offers to the sellers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
                        $1800? You can score a couple of ProMods for that!
                        That's my advice. Get a pro mod and put the rest toward a decent amp.
                        "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                        I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

OK, we were talking today, and he seems to think that the Naturals are overpriced for what you get. What do you guys think? I think it might be because he plays too, and he's not too much into Charvels (he wants me to get a Les Paul, so he can play it, LOL).

Comment

Get the Production Charvel for the price,the Grover Legacy for the investment or a Jackson Soloist for the price and quality .I would try to talk the old man into a Les Paul Custom and keep it for the rest of your life.Nice dilema to have.

Comment

Originally posted by ironworker221 View Post
                              the Grover Legacy for the investment
                              What investment would that be? The investment in instruments that didn't sell for their original asking price? Or their new lowered asking price? Or their "can't give them away ebay price?"

Killer guitars - just don't think they're (or any other current production instrument) "an investment."
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                              X