san dimas back of neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bionic View Post
    Absolutely not. There is no finish on the back or front of the neck unless it's requested. There is a thin satin clear on the headstock...The person you talked to was mistaken. I'll swing by Customer Service and let them know...

thanks B man! just to let you know as well they told me the headstock and back of neck are the same stuff. not gun oil, if there is gun oil its on the fingeboard, which makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by jbob View Post
      they told me the finish on the headstock is the same on the back, no different cause I brought that up as well. it matches the back for the same reason and its not gun oil.
      JBOB, trust me, it's an oil finish. You were probably not transferred to the right department when you called. I just left Customer Service and nobody there remembers your call. Further, they all answered my question properly. If you remember the name of the person you spoke with that will help...but you probably got someone that was trying to help but shouldn't have been on the phone with you! Given the amount of calls... it's going to happen from time to time.

Thanks,

Mike

Comment

typical of a big corp, man the old days are the real Charvel are long gone. well I like the way the back of the neck feels now sans ploy or gun or whatever, its better, its not all plastic like anymore. and honestly it was the shop manager whoever he is that told me. I might call again for kicks. but thanks b man.

Comment

It's not that I don't know the difference. I own several C/J guitars with oiled necks and a few Musicman guitars with oiled necks. But somehow my ProMod neck is different. I would have sworn it's a different finish, but they probably only drowned my neck in gunstock oil
          I don't think they sand the necks as smooth. I have sanded down my with 320 paper and reoiled and they are much closer to my 2005 pointy.

Comment

Originally posted by jbob View Post
            typical of a big corp, man the old days are the real Charvel are long gone.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post

Comment

I was actually hoping for a "Wow, what a dick!"
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                  I was actually hoping for a "Wow, what a dick!"
                  Apparently, that's just me. :dunno: