Wild Card's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild Card's

I know there have been other threads discussing why they wouldn't or couldn't throw pointies into the mix but what about making some of the wild card's with pointies, anyone think that could be a possibility? A Ferrari Red 1 Hum pointy with chrome would sell like crazy!! What do you guys think?

I think they already proved that pointies don't sell, so I don't see them doing them again any time soon.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

The pointys were at a much higher price point than the Stratheads. I have a couple of the pointy's and they are awesome guitars! One on E-Bay recently sold for just under $900 and it was a Floyded Red Ghost Flames! I should have bid on that one myself
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Lemures View Post
        I know there have been other threads discussing why they wouldn't or couldn't throw pointies into the mix but what about making some of the wild card's with pointies, anyone think that could be a possibility? A Ferrari Red 1 Hum pointy with chrome would sell like crazy!! What do you guys think?
        you mean pointy headstocks???
        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

A Ferrari Red 1 Hum pointy with chrome would sell like crazy!! What do you guys think?
          It always cracks me up when people say that this color with that option and this other option, etc. would sell out, sell like crazy, or whatever. But you're basing that statement on what exactly? The fact that it's the guitar YOU would love for them to make, and then you're just assuming that everyone else wants it too! Right? I guess since I want a dinky body with a 24 fret strathead neck and a hardtail, Charvel should make it cuz it would be a huge seller! Actually, no it wouldn't.

Anyway, sorry dude. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything. People just need to realize that just because you want it, doesn't mean it would sell like crazy.

So can we all stop with the "If Charvel would just make (fill in the blank here) they would sell tons of them!!!!" ?

Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
          www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Originally posted by fullmetalguitar View Post
            Anyway, sorry dude. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything. People just need to realize that just because you want it, doesn't mean it would sell like crazy.

So can we all stop with the "If Charvel would just make (fill in the blank here) they would sell tons of them!!!!" ?
            Not too mention the fact that Charvel did run a poll on their site prior to launching this line so we, the end user, did have input on the specs. We voted, they responded and this is what we got.

Besides, pointy headstock Charvels are very easy to come by in the price range of the Pro Mods whereas Strat headstock Charvels are not.

Comment

waitaminute......... we voted on that??? I dont remember........holy shit. was I that drunk??

alright............who did I screw???
              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

It was just an opinion fullmetalguitar, after all isn't disscussing our opinions and personal likes and dislikes all part of what being involved in any forum is all about, and what does it matter if I throw out there what I would like them to build? Don't we all do that? If you are so sick of people's opinions and coments then why be part of a forum??? And you were being a dick so at least have the balls to be one like a man instead of pussifying your coment by saying ''I'm not trying to be a dick or anything'' when you most certainly are!

Comment

It was just an opinion fullmetalguitar, after all isn't disscussing our opinions and personal likes and dislikes all part of what being involved in any forum is all about, and what does it matter if I throw out there what I would like them to build? Don't we all do that? If you are so sick of people's opinions and coments then why be part of a forum??? And you were being a dick so at least have the balls to be one like a man instead of pussifying your coment by saying ''I'm not trying to be a dick or anything'' when you most certainly are!
                  Calm down partner. If I was being a dick, my words would be much more harsh. I could have called you all kinds of names or insults, but I didn't. I just made you look a little silly for stating your opinion as fact. And I quote, "They would sell like crazy!" And you're not the only one to do this. And yes, this is discussion board, so you're free to say whatever even if it includes stating your opinion as if it's a cold hard fact. And I'm free to say what I want. Maybe you're new to message boards?

A more accurate way to say what you said would be, "I'd love a 1 hum pointy with chrome hardware. I'd buy one. Anyone else?" See the difference?

Comment

forum fights always make me chuckle

Not to be a dick dude but..... .... fullmetalguitar was pretty much on the money with his statements and questions. Where did you derive your conclusions that a guitar like that would "sell like crazy"?

It IS a guitar that YOU would like to see them make...nothing wrong with that at all. Is it gonna happen...who knows? But I wouldn't bet the farm on it. I don't think that it would "sell like crazy" Charvel already made them not that long ago...2004 or 2005 I think...and they didnt sell that well. Doubt if they'd try it again.

I don't think fullmetalguitar was being a dick at all..what I think is that you got all butthurt when he stated his opinion that went against what you felt/feel is a stellar idea for a guitar...when in fact it is a proven loser in the $ dept for Charvel/FMIC.

Now there's always the Custom Shop or Ebay (you can find em now and again from the '04/'05 guitars). The Custom Shop'll be happy to take your order and your money for that specific guitar. Not really worth it for them to change out the headstock style on these production models.
                    Last edited by bombtek; 12-23-2009, 03:28 PM.
                    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by fullmetalguitar View Post
                      Calm down partner. If I was being a dick, my words would be much more harsh. I could have called you all kinds of names or insults, but I didn't. I just made you look a little silly for stating your opinion as fact. And I quote, "They would sell like crazy!" And you're not the only one to do this. And yes, this is discussion board, so you're free to say whatever even if it includes stating your opinion as if it's a cold hard fact. And I'm free to say what I want. Maybe you're new to message boards?

A more accurate way to say what you said would be, "I'd love a 1 hum pointy with chrome hardware. I'd buy one. Anyone else?" See the difference?
                      Dammit fullmetalguitar ...you just made me look like a dick by being all nice n shit....you dick
                      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
                        Dammit fullmetalguitar ...you just made me look like a dick by being all nice n shit....you dick
                        Bombtek, are you calling me a dick too? Now I'm feeling all butthurt.

Comment

Sorry, I don't think you actually read his post, We know you love the idea of the guitar, NO ONE ELSE DOES, that's what he was trying to say buddy, that's being a dick.

What he's trying to say (and you didn't answer) is what gives you the idea they would sell like crazy, you base it on the fact that you like the idea of the guitar, that wouldn't make it sell like crazy, now I believe in your post you actually came out as more of a dick than FMG was, You dick.
                          Gear

Jackson DXMG
                          Jackson JS30RR
                          Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                          Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                          Blackstar HT5H
                          Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                          Marshall JCM 800 2203
                          Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

I would rather be a dick than looking like my panties are in a wad.
                            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
                              I would rather be a dick than looking like my panties are in a wad.
                              You may not look like your panties are in a wad, but we know they are...
                              -------------------------
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                              X