Help with id

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with id

I sold my Warrior WRXT for 200 and the guy gave me this Charvel. It says Charvette by Charvel on the back plate. The guitar has a weird finish it seems to get black marks on it. Any info would be appreciated.

EDITED :

So we figured out its spray painted...

Last edited by bucketbrian45; 01-04-2010, 11:49 PM.

Did you touch that thing with your bare hands?

a better shot of the back of the body would help identify it. It could be a US neck on any kind of strat-style body. The Charvette neckplate indicates that it has been in pieces, so it could be just a replaced plate or a complete mutt.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

was he keeping that in a sewer or something? Damn that is nasty!

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
        Did you touch that thing with your bare hands?

a better shot of the back of the body would help identify it. It could be a US neck on any kind of strat-style body. The Charvette neckplate indicates that it has been in pieces, so it could be just a replaced plate or a complete mutt.
        Check it out now.
        Found some interesting stuff.

Comment

it doesn't look like a charvel body. there's no control configuration that looks like that; looks close to a fusion with that slanted neck pup cavity, but the horns and body contour are different (http://www.franx.at/Jackson/Charvel/Charvel.htm). mabe it's an after market body?
          does it play well? it just needs a good bath.

Comment

My first guess would've been (poorly) repainted & relogoed charvette.
            |My CSG gallery|
            (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Lol so I got info from the girl who sold the guitar to my friend. She said it was painted white by a friend of hers(I can scratch the paint off with a credit card to show the black underneath) and that it belonged to Steve Blaze from Lillian Axe but that has not been proved.

Comment

Wow, many layers of molestation to detangle here. The neck seems to have a stringlock type truss rod cover, so I'm guessing it was an early MIJ Model series with a refin/USA decal. Just a guess. The body kind of looks like a Tom Delonge strat with that 1H/pickguard combo, but with a trem route added? Maybe? One thing I'm certain of: UGH.

EDIT: Did the Charvettes ever have stringlocks? Dunno much about them.

Comment

Model 3 neck by the look of the dots... if a model series at all.
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

judging by the stamp in the neck pocket, I'm going to guess it's a Charvette Model 188 body.
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

It could be one of the early, better quality Charvette necks, which I believe were MIJ rather than Korea. They had narrow dot spacing and some of them had JT-6 trems, so the stringlock could be correct. Like some of the others above, and going by the old "path of least resistance" theory which works a lot of the time on these things, I think it's just a repainted Charvette with a Best-Decals logo on the headstock.

Comment

The early Charvettes were pretty nice. I had one - on par with the toothpaste logo lower end Charvels of the day.

Comment

its a suzie model.

Comment

Last night I sanded down the white on the headstock and I find a Charvette logo under all the white. It has the same font as the jackson logo. The guitar plays great I plan to refinish it and get a single coil back in it.

Comment

I called it! What do I win?
                              |My CSG gallery|
                              (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Working...
                              X