Case for Pro-Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case for Pro-Mod

Has anyone bought a case for a Charvel USA Pro-Mod? I'm about to buy one, but I'm not sure it's going to fit properly in a Fender/G&G Strat case. I'm thinking the Charvel neck angle won't allow the guitar to fit in the case correctly.

If anyone has any experience with this, any info is appreciated.

-R
    -Rob

Nah, it fits fine in a strat case. The "neck angle" is about how a regular strat would be with a paper shim in the neck pocket. Not enough to make a difference in a case.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

It will fit in any case designed for strat guitar.

Comment

I bought a black tweed Fender case for mine, the nice ones made by G&G and it fits like a glove and doesn't wiggle when hauled around. Strongly recommend them-built like a tank and great for the price, around 150 bucks if I remember.
        Ratt & Roll

Comment

They didn't fit in my Charvel CS's G&G very well, the bridge gets pushed down when you shut the case and the side of the case bows out slightly. I noticed this when I shut the case with the strings still vibrating.

So, the guitar is over-strung a bit when you're carrying it around, but it's do-able, better than the gig bag.

Fits great in a SKB generic Strat hard case (the kind that fits dinky/soloist but not very well with the angled headstock), also fit great in a Fender-logo'd "chainsaw-style" case I have, I assume it would work equally well in the newer rectangular cases for the American Standards, too.

Comment

They fit perfectly in the Fender/SKB cases that Fender uses for the Strats and Teles.
            These are also very nice cases and can be had for under a hundred bucks.
            You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
            You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
            --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
            --horns666 - 12/29/08
            I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
            --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

Yup - I've confirmed that the Pro-Mod does not fit well in a std. Fender/G&G wood and tolex case. The case lid presses down way too hard on the floating floyd (not as low profile as a std. strat trem).

I guess I'll try one of the SKB molded cases for it next...
              Last edited by RacerR; 01-19-2010, 11:04 AM.
              -Rob

Comment

Can someone confirm that this is the SKB case that fits the Charvel Pro-Mod ?

Thanks - any info is appreciated.
                -Rob

Comment

I've got a Charvel SD Reissue Mutt in an SKB66 and it's tight on the top of the guitar. The trem is pushed down slightly.

Comment

I'm almost certain that's the one I have, RaceR.

Comment

Working...
                    X