Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you like/dislike about the San Dimas Style 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you like/dislike about the San Dimas Style 2?

There are some pretty good deals around at the moment on the San Dimas style 2.
    Have to say I’m tempted but cant help thinking… why didn’t it sell as well as the style 1.

So anyone out there who avoided the style 2 wanna give me your reasons?

Or if you did buy the style 2, are you still happy with it, is there anything you don’t like?

Shaped like a Tele. Didn't like it.
    Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
    www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

strathead + tele body + OFR = ghey

Now, if they build a pointy version with a fixed bridge, like I want, they'd sell MIIIIIIILLLLLIONS.......bwaahahahaha

Comment

Tele body. There's very few tele bodies that I actually like. Izzy Stradlin's neck through ESP tele being one of them. So I would only like a Jackson style neck through Tele. I would like it, but I probably wouldn't ever actually buy it.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

The style 2 is a great guitar - loved the gold one. But when came to purchasing, I wanted a strat body.

Comment

The Tele body doesn't convey the same image as the Strat body, IMO. Tele says "country" while Strat says "rock n' roll."

Having said that, I could see myself scooping a Style 2 if I ran across a good one at a bargain basement price.
            Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

Charvel + Tele = Love it OR hate it.

At the price they are now, what's not to love?

Comment

I liked it because it was not like the rest of my strat/dinky bodied guitars. I have a gold one.

EJ

Comment

The $699 price point bumped a new Charvel down into my price range. Got the purple one, but the box was crushed during shipping. The guitar was sent back for a refund. I'd buy the same thing again, but only from a brick and mortar store. Or shipped in a hardshell case.

The nut was off-center. Sloppy.

Last edited by Grawnday; 01-18-2010, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vondran View Post
                    The style 2 is a great guitar - loved the gold one. But when came to purchasing, I wanted a strat body.
                    Thats what it seems to come down to... Im guessing there is little or no difference in tone.
                    I really like the white one BUT there is something that says its just not quite what i want.

Comment

I have a Pagan Gold Style 2 and love it. Since basically everything other than the body is the same as a Style 1 either you like/love/can live with the Tele style or you cannot/do not. Personally I prefer the Tele style body so it was a no brainer. If I had the money I'd try and find a white one to add to the collection.

Comment

tele body + strat headstock = no sale. ive thought about buying one & swapping out necks but i have enough projects and parts collecting dust.

Comment

Originally posted by Grawnday View Post
                          The nut was off-center. Sloppy.

I don't know who sold you that but that guitar should have been shipped back to Charvel by the store and replaced with a decent one. Lame.

Comment

I have one in PG. I love the Tele body. At $699 you're ghey if you don't get one.

Comment

I own two, and they're awesome. But I love teles, soooo....

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                              Izzy Stradlin's neck through ESP tele being one of them. So I would only like a Jackson style neck through Tele.
                              I had one that was allegedly owned by Izzy. Cool guitar, but had some SERIOUS mods done to it that didn't work for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X