Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coil Split - dumb question

Hi guys,

Sorry for the dumb question. Does adding a coil split affect the output of the p'ups? I guess it doesn't but just wanted to be sure. Thanks

Only when you split the coils. In humbucker mode it will have the same output.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

I put split coil switches in two guitars, and parellel/series in one. I can hear the difference between all the settings when I play in a clean tone, but when I use heavy distortion, I really can't tell unless I have the tone knob all the way down(?)... that is in its bassiest setting.
      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Thanks a lot guys. Much appreciated. I was just worried that it would the decrease the output when used as a humbucker. Now I know it is safe to go ahead.

Comment

When you coil tap you essentially shut off 1/2 of the pick up so yes the output is decreased.
          You also will pick up some of the 60 cycle hum of a single coil pick up.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks a lot Straycat!

I guess my question is whether the output of the humbucker would be lower, when used as a humbucker, as a result of having a coil tap. My other guitar is an Ibanhead SV, which comes with a coil tap, so I never knew whether the relatively low output of the p'ups was due to the p'ups themselves or to due to the coil tap.

Cheers

Comment

Just having it wired that way will not affect it in while in humbucker mode.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
              X