EVH Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH Charvel

Hello, I am new here. I just bought an EVH Charvel and notice that the bridge is not blocked! Are you guys blocking your bridges?
    Thx
    Kev

I don't have an EVH Charvel - but I don't believe in blocking bridges.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by kpinks View Post
      Hello, I am new here. I just bought an EVH Charvel and notice that the bridge is not blocked! Are you guys blocking your bridges?
      Thx
      Kev
      Welcome!

I don't have an EVH either...and I also don't block the bridge.

How about some pics of your new guitar?

Comment

I use a Tremol-No on my Charvel - it came with the guitar, and is a killer tool to help block the trem and add sustain. If you want the bridge to be dive-only (like EVH), you should check one out.

+1 on where are the pics!
        '09 Charvel San Dimas USA
        '85 Jackson Soloist w/Floyd
        '98 PRS Custom 22
        '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

The bridge on EVH Charvels isn't blocked from the factory. The bridge should be laying on the body if you want it like the factory.

Did you buy the guitar used or new?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
            The bridge on EVH Charvels isn't blocked from the factory. The bridge should be laying on the body if you want it like the factory.

Did you buy the guitar used or new?
            I bought it new!

Comment

mine is not blocked but was adjusted (factory) so it rests on body..pull up only not floating
              www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
              My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Originally posted by gtrbuyer View Post
                mine is not blocked but was adjusted (factory) so it rests on body..pull up only not floating
                Yup... All the EVH Art Series Guitars are set up like this, there is no need to block the trem off. ( as the wood connecting the floyd gives you enough stability and sustain)

I own one of these axes. (yellow & black) and they are awesome beasts!

What colour did you get? and whats the serial number on the back?
                www.vendetta-theband.com
                www.atomhawk.com

Comment

Originally posted by gtrbuyer View Post
                  I think you mean dive only. How would you pull up if it's resting on the body?
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yea your right, I think he means dive only.. at first I was a little confused as to why he would ever need to block off a trem that was already blocked off??? :think:

could you imagine a Floyd rose that only raised the pitch ....:idea::ROTF:
                    www.vendetta-theband.com
                    www.atomhawk.com

Comment

My EVH came with the trem. resting on the body......you shouldn't need a trem rest.

Comment

Originally posted by JediHalen View Post
                        could you imagine a Floyd rose that only raised the pitch ....:idea::ROTF:
                        I've got a couple of guitars that have vibratos that only raise the pitch - that's the design.
                        Your smilies are about right though, I haven't worked out much to use it for apart from adding a slight warble to notes or playing the intro to "Peter Gunn".

Comment

Originally posted by guirat View Post
                          I've got a couple of guitars that have vibratos that only raise the pitch - that's the design.
                          Which ones are those?
                          -------------------------
                          Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                            Which ones are those?
                            Two 60's guitars from the factory that made Ibanez models back then. Mine were rebadged, one as a 1962 'Glee Club' and the other a 'Continental' (very similar).
                            I posted on the following site about my neck renovation on one of them (user name 'oldmetal' on there), I hope its OK to post the link, it has pics:

The vibrato is a very simple design, the pitch is raised by depressing the bar, pulling up does nothing - I'm still getting used to the opposite effect on my new Charvel

Comment

When my B/W comes home(i've bought one 2 days ago) i'll shim the neck pocket a bit so i can pull the bar up,i got to have it with a floating trem,i got all my guitars like that.

Addicted to that Rush..

Comment

Working...
                              X