Show me your San Dimas Style 2!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show me your San Dimas Style 2!!!

Played a Pagan Gold yesterday. Really liked it... And I've seen a few web site still blowing them out at 699$. Decisions...

So show me yours Anyone got a tangerine one?
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Crickets?
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

You should check the Jackson USA forum. There's a guy there who posted his 4 San Dimas Jackson Tele's! You can see the family lineage of your SD-2!
      '09 Charvel San Dimas USA
      '85 Jackson Soloist w/Floyd
      '98 PRS Custom 22
      '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
        Crickets?
        :ROTF::ROTF:
        JB aka BenoA

Comment

I saw one end on ebay for $ 450! that's crazy. at that price i'll buy one. it's worth that in parts alone!

Comment

Originally posted by fatstrat View Post
            I saw one end on ebay for $ 450! that's crazy. at that price i'll buy one. it's worth that in parts alone!
            You said it! And depending on the color, I think the Style 2 Teles are sweet!
            '09 Charvel San Dimas USA
            '85 Jackson Soloist w/Floyd
            '98 PRS Custom 22
            '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

I really liked the Pagan Gold I played. Very nice looking. I'm wondering about the Tangerine one...
              JB aka BenoA

Comment

Not very good pics but you get the idea. Got this when Sweetwater was blowing them out for under $700. Great guitar and the Candy Tangerine is really cool!

Comment

Nice!!! This is not help ing my GAS for that guitar
                  JB aka BenoA

Comment

Comment

Nice!!! Really like that gold color too! Your guitar is like the one I tried.
                      JB aka BenoA

Comment

I have quite a few nice guitars now...and the irony of it all is, I got my SD Telly for $699.00. I'm one of these guys that has always said, (as cliche as it may be) you get what you pay for. So I've always paid for quality guitars, because the cheapies just never sounded as good to me. In this case, I saw the original street price was about 1100 bucks...then I saw that there were guys on ebay selling brand new ones for anywhere between 700 and 900...I figured, there's got to be something to this. When I called the only Charvel dealer in the state, these guys told me they had some SD Tellies in stock, and that the price had just been dropped down to 699.

Since I've brought this guitar home, it has become my favorite...by quite a wide margin. Who would've thought. I also purchased another Charvel...actually two since I got the Telly. 2 weeks after buying my Telly, I got a red and black So Cal...unfortunately, this guitar must have been on the shelf for a long time...it needed a setup...the skunk stripe on the back was actually a little lifted from the neck itself....the neck itself needed adjustment...So I took it back and because I was still in the exchange period, I saw the new 7th batch trans kandy gold HSS San Dimas. And that's what I ultimately got. I love that guitar...but I still like the white SD Telly the best.

Anyway..that's my story. Here's some pics.

Todd M

Comment

I absolutely love the Tranny Gold on that San Dimas 1 HSS - killer color!
                          -------------------------
                          Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                            I absolutely love the Tranny Gold on that San Dimas 1 HSS - killer color!
                            Thanks brother...it's actually 'trans' gold...the 'tranny' gold will be part of the eighth batch....I heard it has 4 pickups

Anyway...it really does look amazing...the pictures don't do it justice. So you can imagine why, when I went back to the music store, and I still had 2 days left to trade the So Cal...I had no choice...I had to have it.

Personally, I like the Duncan pickups better than the Dimarzios...on these guitars anyway...so I kinda had a feeling I was going to trade that SoCal anyway. I just lucked out. The trans gold had just come in that week.
                            It sounds phenomenal, and despite the fact that some criticize the switch setup....it doesn't bother me at all. I rarely play in anything but the bridge p'up anyhow.

While the Telly is my favorite to play..the gold really is the sharpest looking new pro mod...except maybe for the blue flame job. Now that's a sweet looking guitar!
                            Thanks again man.

Todd
                            Todd M

Comment

Working...
                            X