Going rate for a style 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going rate for a style 2?

What's the going rate of the style 2. I have a chance to grab a slightly used purple one for $550. Is that good?

They're mostly going for $699 used right now. So $550 for a slightly used one is probably pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff5 View Post
      They're mostly going for $699 used right now. So $550 for a slightly used one is probably pretty good.
      I thought $699 was the new price for them since fender/ charvel canceled the style 2.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
        I thought $699 was the new price for them since fender/ charvel canceled the style 2.
        It is. I got mine new for $699. But for a slightly used one I'd say $550 is a good deal. (and how used can it be since the line isn't very old?) There are dealers still selling the style 2 for $1099 new, especially in some bigger demand colors. In Chicago I couldn't find any for $699, they all wanted $1099 so I had to order mine.

Comment

How cheap can they get? Great deal on a great player if you can stomach the tele body.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

How about two... No, three dollars?

I would buy one for the neck/plate/screws/tuners/tremolo and put my Style 1 back together. :dunno:

Comment

Discontinued? How did I miss this? And I see most dealers are still selling them for $1100.
              Scott

Comment

I like the Tele body, did ever since I saw it but I understand why it wasn't a big seller and why they discontinued it. I'm not very much into the whacky colors, the only ones I liked were black, pegan gold, and white. I managed to land a new white one for $699, but it was hard to find. From what I hear the Pegan gold went first at that price point, closely followed by the white. Chances are if you see those now, dealers are going to still try to sell them for $1099 due to the popularity of the color. Mostly you'll see black, red, and the purple for $699.

Spiv check eBay. They're all over there for $699, but like I said some are still more pricey. I actually got mine from a guitar store in Wisconsin. The value for the price of these was kind of hard to pass up.

Comment

I just bought one for even less than $550. I'm going to get the neck scalloped and get a glow in the dark paintjob.

Comment

tree-fitty?
                    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                    --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
                      tree-fitty?
                      $520- at that price, I could sell it for parts and still make money. But instead, it's going to be a little project.

anyway, if someone wants a cheaper style 2, I was going to buy this one for $550 shipped. Send him an offer (not intended to be spam)

Comment

Working...
                      X