Pro Mod bridge radius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Mod bridge radius

I have a Pro Mod style 2. I installed a Big Block, and I was wondering about the bridge radius. The Floyds on these don't come shimmed, I was wondering if any of you shimmed your Floyd saddles on these to get better action to match the radius of the neck (since I'm not sure if the radius on these is 10" like the MIG Floyds)

Thanks in advance

The neck is 10" at the nut, 12" at the first fret and compound down to 16". An unshimmed Floyd is 16", I believe. A shimmed Floyd (ADGB saddles) is closer to 10". It has been hypothesized that the correct radius at the bridge to match the compound radius of the strings should be closer to 21" - that would mean shimming up the E saddles a bit to flatten them out.

Without individual saddle height adjustment, you're going to have to settle for "pretty close."
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Pretty much what Grandturk said.

I would go for more like an 18 - 19" radius if you're going to shim it. I've done it, using the little Allparts .2 mm shims. It doesn't make a huge difference IMO, but it does improve the action slightly on the "middle" strings.

Comment

Working...
      X