Ok time for a noob ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok time for a noob ?

Are the bodies on the Pro Mods the size of a Dinky or more on the size of the Soloist, or somewhere in between?

They are strat sized, not dinky or soloist.
    Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
    www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Sorry havent picked up a strat in 20 plus years so that really doesnt help much but thanks anywho.

Comment

Dinky and soloist are the same size.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by fordsho90 View Post
          Sorry havent picked up a strat in 20 plus years so that really doesnt help much but thanks anywho.
          Soooo? Are you afraid it's going to be too heavy for you dude? I don't get the question? It's around the same size as both those other guitars, but it's a strat body. More now than ever since it's made by Fender and they don't need to worry about infringement since it's now totally legal for Charvels to look like Fenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Fender View Post
            It's around the same size as both those other guitars, but it's a strat body.
            A full size strat body is quite a bit bigger than a Dinky or a soloist body.

The only difference between ProMod and Strat, besides rear routing on the San Dimas, is the edge radius of the Charvel body. The Fender body is rounder - with a larger radius. The Charvel body is "sharper" with a smaller radius.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post

The only difference between ProMod and Strat, besides rear routing on the San Dimas, is the edge radius of the Charvel body. The Fender body is rounder - with a larger radius. The Charvel body is "sharper" with a smaller radius.

Thank you Grandturk.....

Fender: it isnt about the weight its about the shape. I have a Dinky and its a bit too small for me while my SL1 fits ME better due to its slight bigger size. The nearest place that sells Pro mods aint right around the corner from me so I was trying to get some info on its shape in comparision to the two other bodies, cause if it was the same size/diamiter of the Dinky then it isnt worth me driving 100 miles round trip to try one out.

Comment

Then find a place that sells Fenders and try a Strat. The body is going to be the same size and shape except for the edge radius.
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

Then find a place that sells Fenders and try a Strat. The body is going to be the same size and shape except for the edge radius.
                  Thanks again

Comment

I find they are a lot the same. I mean i have two dinkies and a fender strat on my guitar wall, and the fender isn't bigger. It looks that way cause the contours and edges are really rounded where as the dinky has a sharper body edge naturally. The horns are a little longer, but again they have more in common than a Les Paul would. Maybe i just don't have comfort problems on my guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Fender View Post
                      I find they are a lot the same. I mean i have two dinkies and a fender strat on my guitar wall, and the fender isn't bigger. It looks that way cause the contours and edges are really rounded where as the dinky has a sharper body edge naturally. The horns are a little longer, but again they have more in common than a Les Paul would. Maybe i just don't have comfort problems on my guitars
                      a strat body is bigger than a dinky body. maybe a 1/4" all around.

Comment

I don't really find the difference in size to be noticeable, the Soloist and Dinky bodies are the same size, the Strat is just a little bit bigger, but not enough that it seems "bigger."

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                          a strat body is bigger than a dinky body. maybe a 1/4" all around.
                          Than it's like i said, it's not a huge difference.

Comment

Working...
                          X