Charvel's in the uk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel's in the uk

Guys,Just a quick question,well a couple really.
    I'm looking to try a new charvel so cal or simular,does anyone know if there are any stockists in Wales?
    Also are these as good as the eighties ones or are there some issues?
    thanks in advance
    Keith

There are plenty of Charvel dealers up and down the UK, the key word being 'dealer' rather than stockists. There are some that keep the production models in stock, but none here in the Midlands and North West that I know of. If you want one around these parts, you have to order and pay for it before you get to try it.

Comment

cheers for the response Sean,Keep me in mind for your's if the deal don't work out.
      Keith

Comment

I am not in the UK but I have a Charvel from my personal collection for sale on here.

Admin Edit: It's in the Classified section, as no solicitations are permitted outside of that area.
        Last edited by jacksonpc1; 03-21-2010, 06:21 PM.

Comment

I don't know of any dealers in Wales but I bought mine (a So-Cal) from GuitarGuitar in Newcastle. I think that they have opened branches in Scotland and Birmingham too.

Their web service is excellent with next day delivery guaranteed (It's free too, I think - it certainly was over Christmas). I've bought loads of stuff there and have witnessed them talking to customers on the phone and seen them deal with shipping items and they are a quality outfit (they have a sofa in the shop and I've spent many an hour noticing how good they are with their customers). Give them a call and I bet you'll be happy with them.

As for the Charvel, you will not be disappointed and I would say that you will be buying with very little risk if you buy a new one. The only thing to consider is if you prefer the Dimarzio's in the So-Cal or Duncans in the others. I went for the DiMarzio as the second guitarist in the band has a Jackson with Duncans and mine just oozes tone compared to his.

Comment

I thought there was one in Caerphilly?

Did you check the Dealer list on the Charvel site?

Must Have Music
            8-12 Emilys Indoor Shopping Centre, 152-154 High Street
            Blackwood, Caerphilly, Wales, NP12 1AZ
            Ph: 01495 220047

Better than the 80s models is a subjective opinion, but I play my socal more than my model 2 and 6...and 750XL....BUT I like strat style guitars, and the Socal is the most strat-like Charvel I have.
            http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

I did an ebay search for a Charvel So Cal and found Rich Tone Music in Sheffield if that's any help.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Mansons in Exeter have a few if you dont mind traveling a bit. I was in there last weekend, at the moment they have the so-cal and style 1 + 2's in black and a candy blue style 1 which is pretty sweet. They got really good sound booths for you to try stuff too so ya can turn it up a little

Comment

My San Dimas came from the Oxford Guitar Gallery, not sure if this is too far from you. They are good guys who know their stuff:

Comment

Like Fenderstrat, I bought my SoCal mail-order from GuitarGuitar in Newcastle. No issue whatsoever, well packaged, quick delivery. Fortunately, I'd managed to play one out in the USA so knew what I was buying. Originally I was after the SD1 but preferred the Di Marzios in the So Cal after I played them back-to-back, just personal choice really.

I find the guitar similar to my Jap Model 4, but not the same. Definately better, seems to ooze quality, is very comfortable to play, and sounds great. Since getting the SoCal, the Model 4 has remained in it's case, as has the Les Paul, it's become my main guitar as it's so versatile.

Another dealer (again not in Wales) is PJ's in Southsea:

Comment

Still looking,I've narrowed it down to a so cal,I'd ideally like a candy tangerine used,
                      Please get in contact if you've got such a thing,pref in the uk.

Comment

Hi Keith,

If the So Cal that I sold comes back in on a trade, I'll let you know.

Cheers
                        Steve (PJ's Guitar Centre)

Comment

Working...
                        X