Who painted Warren's French guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who painted Warren's French guitar?

I was talking with a friend about Warren's guitars and he asked me who painted Frenchie. I don't know who did but I figured some of you guys might.

Thanks for the help.
    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

On a related note, I saw a recent pic of Warren playing a Frenchie. It looked like it had a single coil in the neck position, like his new snake model. Didn't the original just have one hum in the bridge position? Did Charvel make him a new one recently?
    Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
    www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

I'm probably wrong here but I think Dan Lawrence did all of Warren's guitars, excluding the real snakeskin I believe.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Nope - that's why the Frenchie model was pulled from the first Dimartini runs. It was a different artist, and they had trouble getting consent to reproduce it. I forget the guy's name, though. Sorry.

Comment

I don't know the artist's name, but it wasn't Dan Lawrence. That's the reason Charvel hasn't released the Frenchie as a WD model, because the artist has the rights to the graphic.

Comment

See, I said I was probably wrong haha.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

The artisit who painted Warren's original Blood Skull, Crossed Swords, Bomber and the rarely seen 'Kabuki Faces' guitar is ...Glenn Matejzel.

Glenn works at DRL with Dan Lawrence and both Glenn & Dan are painting all of these Warren sig models today.

What was said above about the Frenchie is correct...although they have done a couple more for Warren.
              Last edited by Hellraiser6502; 03-24-2010, 07:25 PM.
              Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Just to clarify, Glenn did not come up with the graphic for Warren back in the day - the design was taken from somewhere else, correct? And so the guy who is refusing to grant consent to the graphic is someone different...
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                  Just to clarify, Glenn did not come up with the graphic for Warren back in the day - the design was taken from somewhere else, correct? And so the guy who is refusing to grant consent to the graphic is someone different...
                  1/2 Correct...Glenn did not design nor paint the original French.

From what I've been told, they can't FIND the guy who did the orig to get consent. Maybe that has changed and he's now known and refusing consent. Certainly possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
                    The artisit who painted Warren's original Blood Skull, Crossed Swords, Bomber and the rarely seen 'Kabuki Faces' guitar is ...Glenn Matejzel.

Glenn works at DRL with Dan Lawrence and both Glenn & Dan are painting all of these Warren sig models today.

What was said above about the Frenchie is correct...although they have done a couple more for Warren.
                    Kabuki Faces?
                    Ratt & Roll

Comment

yep, but i've always looked at it more like a harlequin mask kind of thing.

sully
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

WDM Guitars

On the right...

Comment

Bukkake Faces???
                          Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
                            On the right...
                            Didn't think it's the one in the middle
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer View Post
                              Bukkake Faces???
                              Dude, TMI.

What you do in the privacy of your bedroom is your business.

Comment

Working...
                              X