X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
    Didn't think it's the one in the middle
    Ron, Ever the anal retentive.
    Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer View Post
      Bukkake Faces???
      Ha! Sadly thats the first thing that popped into my mind. I laughed out loud when I read your post.:ROTF:

Comment

Hey Warren has probably Bukkake faced his fair share on the tour bus.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Anyone know what pickups Warren used... and what's the zebra pickup on the faces guitar?

Comment

Thanks for the info, everyone. Very interesting stuff.

Originally posted by Guitar Lawyer View Post
            Anyone know what pickups Warren used... and what's the zebra pickup on the faces guitar?
            I think he was known to use Duncan JB's back in the day. Currently, he has a signature Duncan pickup called the RTM (Rattus Toneus Maximus or something like that).
            Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitar Lawyer View Post
              Warren was a JB guy for a long time.
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

To continue with this discussion, does anyone know when Frenchie was built? If I recall correctly, it seemed to show up around the "Invasion of Your Privacy" era, so that suggest that Frenchie was built around '85.
                Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

He's also just had a black version of the Frenchie done, looks beautiful.

Yes, it was originally just one hum. The sc was added in the early '90s, and also to his snakeskins.

Comment

I met the guitarist from the band that opened for Ratt on a bunch of dates last summer. He and I started talking guitars since he played 5 or 6 Charvels during their set. Some of the guitars we talked about were Warren's new white and black French. He was telling me about discussions he had with Warren about them and was told the James Dean Foundation has the rights to the saying and won't allow Charvel to use it on a production model. He didn't say anything about any artist issue though.

As others have said, Dan Lawrence painted the new white and black Frenchs. There are some nice progress shots on Dan's website. Check out the slideshow in the gallery section if you haven't seen it yet. Some great pic! http://www.drlgrafx.com/gallery.index.htm The black one was a H/S while white was originally a single hum. Looks like Warren modified it and added a single coil now since the it his current config.

I'm hoping Dan and Glenn design a new graphic for Warren and that gets released as his next signature model.

Comment

I took a few photos of Warren playing the black Frenchie last time Ratt toured here in the UK. Hope it's ok to post them...

Comment

Who ever wrote/draw those "french" words on the guitar didn't know much about french writing... There is a few mistakes in both sentences!
                        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Anyone notice the Peavey cabs. Just doesn't look right, does it? It looks like the mic'ed cab on the bottom right is a Marshall, though.

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                            Who ever wrote/draw those "french" words on the guitar didn't know much about french writing... There is a few mistakes in both sentences!
                            What does it say by the way ?

Comment

Originally posted by Horse Called War View Post
                              What does it say by the way ?
                              "Too fast to live, too young to die".

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                                So what is the correct French, Frenchy?
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X