8th Batch PDF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

infact honestly...
    i actually scrolled to the bottom of the page ignoring everything thinking "seen...seen..where are the new ones..."
    then i realised they were the new ones... very dissapointed
    i'd love to see a natural body, like somebody said earlier about respraying them on the matt black, would be even better on natural

Comment

I think they gave us what we wanted. The tangerine socal sold out real fast so the neck batch we were hoping for it on the sd style 1 but got the it on the style 2(style 2 is sold out also). Now we have it with a rosewood board!
      The slime greens are going to make great green meanies and since there were so many looks to it who knows what people will do with it. You might even get some dweezl fans.
      The one hums are a tradition of charvel so I bet they'll sell well too.

Comment

Well. I'm a little disappointed in the new batch, but like the 23rd fret truss rod access for the Snake. I hope that spreads thru the line.
        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by JediHalen View Post

We should have a custom graphic competition, with Mike Learn as the judge!
          Actually, Charvel should.
          That would be a cool contest. Winner gets a tour and a CS or something.
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I actually have trouble deciding which one I like best. The one hum looks killer and should be easy to paint over. Black/red rising Sun? Creating my own Greenie Meannie is also very tempting. I wish I could buy all three. Decisions, decisions...:think:

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
              Well. I'm a little disappointed in the new batch, but like the 23rd fret truss rod access for the Snake. I hope that spreads thru the line.
              I agree. I wont buy one because of that truss rod adjustment involving removing the neck.

Fuck

That.

I know, I know....... all the Charvel guys are probably lining up now to kick me in the balls, but its OK cuz I wore my titanium cup and kevlar sip-otter. Really now, I mean I understand you guys like the whole purist retro charvel thing, but lets face it, charvels were HOT RODS with mods, and in that spirit they should have also embraced better truss rod accomidations. bam, there were 3 kicks to my nuts already. and I just think that its rediculous to have to remove the neck of a guitar to adjust the truss rod. some people live in climates and conditions that dictate adjustments more often than others. two more kicks to my nuts there. its a royal pain in the ass to remove a neck to adjust it, when I can adjust a conventional style in about 30 seconds. three more kicks to my nuts.

so go ahead, kick my ass. kick me on the balls, beat me with a used snow tire. I dont care. its about practicality to me. I chose to stay away from them for this one reason. I amd sticking with Jacksons.
              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I'd like a slime green one. I don't think the batch is that bad. Lots of yummy guitars..
                '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
                '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
                '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                '13 Gibson M-III
                Taylor 214CE
                Dean 6-string Bass
                Morgan Ukulele

Comment

Actually, Charvel should.
                  That would be a cool contest. Winner gets a tour and a CS or something.
                  Right.. here`s my thoughts.. :idea:

Get Charvel to Put a template Charvel 1 humbucker PDF picture for download with a blank body, then people send in their photoshopped graphic or painting on top of that template... the top guys at the Factory judge it (or the Forumites vote on it and the Forum admin staff! too)

Then the winner gets his design made in the next batch.
                  Win win win for us.
                  wadaya say?

Pete.
                  www.vendetta-theband.com
                  www.vendetta-theband.com
                  www.atomhawk.com

Comment

Am I missing something, or weren't those flamed supposed to be limited to 100 worldwide?
                    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by JediHalen View Post
                      Right.. here`s my thoughts.. :idea:

Get Charvel to Put a template Charvel 1 humbucker PDF picture for download with a blank body, then people send in their photoshopped graphic or painting on top of that template... the top guys at the Factory judge it (or the Forumites vote on it and the Forum admin staff! too)

Then the winner gets his design made in the next batch.
                      Win win win for us.
                      wadaya say?

Pete.
                      www.vendetta-theband.com
                      Works for me.
                      Plus it'd be some nice marketing. I'd have Mike and Dan judge it though.

The Charvels are fine really, but, I have fallen in love with the American Deluxe Strat they released. Esp in the metallic sunburst.

Comment

I don't. It just looks all wrong. Have the adjustment at the headstock, like modern guitars, or leave it as is.

Comment

It looks different, but, is so usable. If it's anything like the one on the old EVH's

Comment

There were a lot of complaints about the 7th batch too. And it is completely sold out from Charvel. So Mike knows more about the world market for these than this little forum does.

Mike has fairly close to a thankless job with you guys. He works on these within the parameters allowed him by the corporation he works for. He is trying to make these appeal to the old school guys like me and draw in some younger players too. We ask for single hums and rosewood and chrome and we got all that in the 7th batch and again in the 8th batch but it's NEVER going to be EXACTLY how YOU would have put all three guitars together. But look at the track record of these. Almost every single one of these older batches are sold out with very few exceptions.

I'd like to thank Mike for putting these batches together and for doing something like this at this price point in the USA. Who else is doing this for this money? Wait for the video and see how much you want to complain after it.

Thanks Mike. You absolutely rule and have done a tremendous thing for the Charvel fans who don't want to or can't shell out big bucks for CS stuff in this tough economy but you still give us a guitar that is an awesome playing guitar and a great value for just over Korean built Schecter and LTD money.

Comment

I also dig the 23rd fret truss rod adjustment as seen on the Snakeskin. Some cool pics of that style of truss adjustment on a bunch of the NAMM photos too.

Comment

I like the 23rd fret truss rod access for the Snake. I hope that spreads thru the line.

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                                I don't. It just looks all wrong. Have the adjustment at the headstock, like modern guitars, or leave it as is.
                                This is why Charvel has Mike's office on the first floor. He has jumped out the window 7 times so far with the release of each batch but thankfully hasn't been hurt. :ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                                X