8th Batch PDF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chubtone View Post

I'd like to thank Mike for putting these batches together and for doing something like this at this price point in the USA. Who else is doing this for this money? Wait for the video and see how much you want to complain after it.

Thanks Mike. You absolutely rule and have done a tremendous thing for the Charvel fans who don't want to or can't shell out big bucks for CS stuff in this tough economy but you still give us a guitar that is an awesome playing guitar and a great value for just over Korean built Schecter and LTD money.

In no way do I want to slight Mike. I agree that he is doing an awesome job with the limitations that are part of the program.
    If anything the quarterly guessing game has become kinda fun.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
      In no way do I want to slight Mike. I agree that he is doing an awesome job with the limitations that are part of the program.
      If anything the quarterly guessing game has become kinda fun.
      No, of course not. I hear you. It's just impossible for one guy at one company to make something that is perfect for everyone with only three guitars per quarter.

Plus I think many people have lost the ability to look at a guitar and see how close it is to ideal for them and some slight mods will nail it. A guy was saying the flat black single hum was perfect but he wishes it had a single coil. The ENTIRE Charvel name and philosophy was based on seeing that guitar and going "well, for $45 my luthier will make it have a single coil and $60 for a Duncan single and that is MY ideal guitar." The next guy can put a hum in the neck. The next guy wishes the flat black had black hardware. It can, easily. Find one of the myriads of guys here who wish their black hardware one had chrome and swap.

I just come from the mentality of this is a hot rod guitar and it will be perfect for me when I am through with it. Charvel did the heavy lifting and I will put the sprinkles on the icing on the cake.

Comment

^ agreed 100%

It'll never be perfect unless you go custom. These are pretty good platforms to do what ever the hell you want with them. With the variety of the So Cal's already out there, you're never gonna be short of ideas.

Wish I had the money to buy one, but unfortunately unemployment sucks balls and I can't afford that much money in a guitar that I've never seen in any shop I've ever been in.
        93 USA Soloist EDS
        USA HT6 Juggernaut
        Charvel DK24FR

Comment

YES!! Flat black single hum

Comment

Originally posted by JediHalen View Post
            Right.. here`s my thoughts.. :idea:

Get Charvel to Put a template Charvel 1 humbucker PDF picture for download with a blank body, then people send in their photoshopped graphic or painting on top of that template... the top guys at the Factory judge it (or the Forumites vote on it and the Forum admin staff! too)

Then the winner gets his design made in the next batch.
            Win win win for us.
            wadaya say?

Pete.
            www.vendetta-theband.com
            Won't happen, this is the last batch....
            Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Last batch, what the hell! Why?? What does this mean as far as Charvel goes, what ars they going to offer next?

Comment

It's not the end of Charvel, as Bionic (Mike) said in the other thread. They're just not going to do these batches anymore I guess. I'm hoping that it will be some sort of semi-custom order thing where you can pick options like pup configuration, color, bridge, etc. without having to pay full custom shop prices. I want that dinky w/ vintage trem!
                Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

vintage trem

Originally posted by fullmetalguitar View Post
                  It's not the end of Charvel, as Bionic (Mike) said in the other thread. They're just not going to do these batches anymore I guess. I'm hoping that it will be some sort of semi-custom order thing where you can pick options like pup configuration, color, bridge, etc. without having to pay full custom shop prices. I want that dinky w/ vintage trem!
                  +1 vintage trem!

Comment

I have a massive boner over that tangerine rosey. It's punched through cloth!

Comment

Tangerine is killer. Would've been better with chrome, though.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                        Tangerine is killer. Would've been better with chrome, though.
                        Easy fix

Comment

hey chubtone.. whats that white relic'd strat?! is that cs or pro mod?
                          either way.. that guitar is most righteous!!

Comment

Originally posted by John.E.Fawkes View Post
                            hey chubtone.. whats that white relic'd strat?! is that cs or pro mod?
                            either way.. that guitar is most righteous!!
                            It's a Pro Mod. The story is here:

Comment

to that Tang w/chrome.

Comment

I know it is slightly off topic, so apologies if this is not the best place to post. I am thinking about getting the new flat black single hum and have it refinished. Do you guys know if this finish is like a primer on which you can directly paint, or do I need to get it sanded before repainting the guitar? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X