8Th Batch Vid is up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8Th Batch Vid is up

It's up and the website is updated... away we go!

Last Batch???

Comment

Thanks Mike!

8th batch = last batch.

Too bad none of us were smart enough to fill in the blank on the "All good things........" text in the teaser video

Comment

So what does the future hold for Charvel with this being the last batch?

Custom only? Dissolve the brand? Similar guitars built in smaller runs?
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

WOW.
          Guess it's back to customs only after this?

Actually, It could be "Last Batch Made in USA" the way it's written.
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Last batch?

Awww...

Comment

I have to be careful here...but I'll say you are all wrong so far! We will reveal the next steps very soon. BUT, the Brand is CERTAINLY not being dissolved lol.. now I'll go hide under a rock and watch you guys eat each other!!!

I promise, what comes next is the right thing and most of you will be "stoked"... (to quote Steve Addington)

And..yes, Chubtone, I was actually thinking that was too much of a hint.. "and all good things..." I guess I watched way too much Star Trek TNG

Later guys!

Comment

Damn you, Bionic, and your plot to get all mah moneys. :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Bionic View Post

I promise, what comes next is the right thing and most of you will be "stoked"... (to quote Steve Addington)
                  Aw come on. Please don't leave us with another damn cliff hanger.

Comment

Back in regular production???
                    semi custom like pickup your color/config/hardwear color?(you can PM me if I'm right Mike).

Comment

Semi-custom (or whatever is the best word) would be ideal and I think is the way to go for many products these days. I will admit the anticipation for these 8 runs certainly was a lot of fun, I grabbed a sea sick sd1 right when it came out and just love it to death.

I do agree with Chubtone regarding making these guitars your own, but wouldn't it be cool if Charvel could help say the less knowledgeable consumer and not have to hunt around for the parts to swap out, but to be able to grab these all from Charvel and have the pieces assembled by the same crew that pull these Prod Mods together.

I suspect that Charvel was able to collect information over the past 7th runs and eventually the 8th to help determine their next approach and let's trust Mike that most will be stoked. The last thing they want to do is to lose our attention so I am sure they are cooking up something smart.

Comment

I hope he means semi custom as well, I can see ordering my So Cal exactly like I want it, in reason of course. Maybe the finish, pick guard color/pickup layout, maple or rosewood board and hardware color. I think that would make it "semi custom" type thing and they just practiced all of it on a production run featuring 8 batches to train the employees.

Comment

Originally posted by thesparkeffect View Post
                          I do agree with Chubtone regarding making these guitars your own, but wouldn't it be cool if Charvel could help say the less knowledgeable consumer and not have to hunt around for the parts to swap out, but to be able to grab these all from Charvel and have the pieces assembled by the same crew that pull these Prod Mods together.
                          Here is the quote from the other thread that I think you are referring to. There are many guys on this site who have done some very cool things to their Pro Mods and others who don't want to buy them because they come with the wrong brand of strings on them :ROTF:

"Plus I think many people have lost the ability to look at a guitar and see how close it is to ideal for them and that some slight mods will nail it. A guy was saying the flat black single hum was perfect but he wishes it had a single coil. The ENTIRE Charvel name and philosophy was based on seeing that guitar and going "well, for $45 my luthier will make it have a single coil and $60 for a Duncan single and that is MY ideal guitar." The next guy can put a hum in the neck. The next guy wishes the flat black had black hardware. It can, easily. Find one of the myriads of guys here who wish their black hardware one had chrome and swap.

I just come from the mentality of this is a hot rod guitar and it will be perfect for me when I am through with it. Charvel did the heavy lifting and I will put the sprinkles on the icing on the cake."

Comment

Build to order off a checklist would definitely be the way to go as long as the turn around time is fast enough. (Between 30-45 days between order and delivery would be a reasonable target.)

Would be fairly easy to implement now that the guys on the line can probably churn these out pretty quick. Then the game just becomes managing inventories of parts to keep them flowing out the door.

Regardless of what the future holds, my hat is off to Charvel for giving us the production series in the first place.
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Chubtone View Post
                              .... others who don't want to buy them because they come with the wrong brand of strings on them :ROTF:
                              Are you serious? Now this is down right silly. One thing we should remember is that Charvels are not only meant for board members and while we may have specific preferences, let's be blessed that Charvel exists, provided the concept of these 8 batches and will be informing us of the future strategy in due time. Many of us have our fair share of production models so while some do not dig the latest batch, let's hope that they will draw new people to Charvel to keep the brand strong. Since this is the last batch - this also might help create somewhat of a demand for some of the previous batches that are still floating around.

Comment

Working...
                              X