8Th Batch Vid is up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
    Build to order off a checklist would definitely be the way to go as long as the turn around time is fast enough. (Between 30-45 days between order and delivery would be a reasonable target.)
    They had build to order off a checklist when they came back with the USA pointy Standard Star and Strat line in 2005... H, H/H, H/S, H/S/S, ebony, maple or rosewood boards, V-trem or Floyd. Colors were black, white, blue, red, black cherry. Would be nice to see something similar to that again.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

They'd actually sell with a strathead this time.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

If they could pull off the BTO method with a small upcharge for reasonable colors, that would be terrific.

I just don't think that it worked out in 05 saleswise.
        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          They had build to order off a checklist when they came back with the USA pointy Standard Star and Strat line in 2005... H, H/H, H/S, H/S/S, ebony, maple or rosewood boards, V-trem or Floyd. Colors were black, white, blue, red, black cherry. Would be nice to see something similar to that again.
          What was the going prices for these guitars?

Comment

The pointies were assembled by the CS and are great guitars. I have two and bought both new for about $1500.00 each. Copperhead / Red Ghost Flames

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
              The pointies were assembled by the CS and are great guitars.
              No doubt. They just didn't sell well. I remember being shocked by the sticker price on a Ferrari Red HSS Floyd and then shocked again when I saw the prices they were blowing them out for.
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by BK View Post
                What was the going prices for these guitars?
                I paid $1500 for my black Star, but I think they were going for a little more than that originally. I think they didn't sell very well due to price.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

$1400-1500 for a CS assembled guitar with extremely limited options would probably be a big winner. Suhr does it for about $1600 for the very nice pro series. That would be cool.

Comment

I'd rather pay $1000 for a production line assembled guitar with extremely limited options.
                    Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                    www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Originally posted by fullmetalguitar View Post
                      I'd rather pay $1000 for a production line assembled guitar with extremely limited options.
                      Did you buy many from the 8 batches they did like this? I did!

Comment

I could live with semi customs for about $ 1500

Comment

yeah the batch is weak and the issue of what's next isn't good left silent.
                          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by fullmetalguitar View Post

The problem is that charvel CS can't move product in this economy. They have to keep the workers doing something. They'll use mass-produced parts teamed with "better" labor to justify the markup and keep the CS staff busy and more importantly, employed.

They're attempting to meet in the middle which is a good thing. How good? It depends. if it's basically the same stuff put together by better people.......then who knows how it will be judged. it could cause a run on used pro-mods for half the price....again, who really knows for sure until we see the specs, and the build details.
                            Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
                            98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

I don't think their doing customs next. it will be either the same deal, only pointy necks this time, or maybe a dinky body series, or star. something along the lines of assembly line production guitars. my money is on several lines of pointy's next!

Comment

Hopefully its a Semi-custom line. I would order one like this:

Comment

Working...
                                X