What's coming next then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool. now that is cool.

But not nearly as cool as the shark guitar.
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Regarding what's next, I didn't get a lot of strong info, but did get some hints from Charvel directly as I recently did a So-Cal review at my info site Legendarytones.com and added the Charvel product manager's comments into my story. He wouldn't disclose much, but did suggest that the base black color may be changing and that there was certainly a lot of new things coming.
      David Szabados
      www.legendarytones.com

Comment

Originally posted by LegendaryTones View Post
        He wouldn't disclose much, but did suggest that the base black color may be changing and that there was certainly a lot of new things coming.
        How long ago was this? Since this is the last batch, doesn't that mean that there won't be any "base" color?
        Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
        www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

This was actually info I received only a week ago. The review is recent even though the guitars have been out for awhile. I interpreted his comment as meaning either they would add an additional base color in addition to the black they offer, or they would replace black as the base color with something else. It may make sense for them to offer one of their more popular "limited" colors and bring it back as a base/standard color, since they won't be doing limited color batches anymore after this 8th one, but who knows?
          David Szabados
          www.legendarytones.com

Comment

They might just mothball the brand.

Comment

Originally posted by Trypp Powell View Post
              They might just mothball the brand.

Not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post

Not happening.

Must be true. It's on that Internet thing.
                http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

No, I believe they're just going to maybe offer something new in the spirit of creative marketing. Mike, the product manager told me directly when I inquired about what's next, said, "You'll have to wait and see, but there's lots coming for Charvel". Anyhow, check out my story on the So-Cal with the commentary (legendarytones.com). It was nice to have some access to the Charvel team, even if the comments were limited.
                  David Szabados
                  www.legendarytones.com

Comment

Originally posted by LegendaryTones View Post
                    This was actually info I received only a week ago. The review is recent even though the guitars have been out for awhile. I interpreted his comment as meaning either they would add an additional base color in addition to the black they offer, or they would replace black as the base color with something else. It may make sense for them to offer one of their more popular "limited" colors and bring it back as a base/standard color, since they won't be doing limited color batches anymore after this 8th one, but who knows?
                    If you have liked these production model guitars, buy them while they are still out there. This line of guitars is discontinued. It would be disingenuous to say "Last Batch" and "All good things must come to an end" if they were just changing the base color.

Comment

Originally posted by Chubtone View Post
                      If you have liked these production model guitars, buy them while they are still out there. This line of guitars is discontinued. It would be disingenuous to say "Last Batch" and "All good things must come to an end" if they were just changing the base color.
                      I'm pretty sure that what's being discontinued is the "limited" batches only and they'll keep the So-Cal and San Dimas going and maybe offer a couple variations as "standard" colors. I'll make an inquiry with them and see if they provide any details.
                      David Szabados
                      www.legendarytones.com

Comment

Greetings... I want to echo what Chubtone said, it would be smart to get in on the Production Model's now as this line is changing in a big way. It's all good... but it IS changing significantly. As I did with the USPMS launch... you (meaning the forum members) will find out before the general public...

I wont say WHEN I will reveal..but there will be a teaser. This is not a change in the base color type of thing!

Everyone have a great weekend!!!

McG out!

Comment

Are you gonna stick a Charvel decal on a DK1 like that one guy wants, Mike?

Seriously, I'm excited to see what it is, whatever it is. Then, if it sucks, I'll make fun of it, but, I don't expect it will.

Comment

sounds interesting, I guess that's the idea
                            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I think the Production Line is going pointy head recessed trem and at some point maybe a neck thru.They can see how it goes and if it fails they can do like Coke did and bring back the original.

Comment

maybe they will make star body shapes for a while now..................... OOOO!!!!! do you think Tone figured it out? ever think of that? My vote is that they are going to do star bodys for a while. they will sell like crazy. it would be a hell of a great marketing gig if they did. that run would for a while, and then they can switch gears to pointys.

I bet they will also bring back the toothpaste logo at some point too. I bet they will cover all the bases on this.
                                "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Working...
                                X