No announcement yet.

What's coming next then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever they develop after the 8th batch, I'm betting it's gonna cost alot more
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I say Charvel is going to go big. I am talkin major celeb endorsers, the solid gold dancers doing comercials for them and appearances at NAMM and shit, the electric horseman doing NAMM with Charvel, Airplanes flying those banners around that say charvel on them, renting billboards near airports, the Flying Elvis's (utah chapter) doing promos, Its gonna be big. you watch.
      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by fullmetalguitar View Post
        While I don't like the white dinky above, I'd at least like the option of getting the dinky body shape without going the custom shop route. I'd love a dinky strat head with two hums and a vintage trem... and keep it priced the same as the current production models.
        The white dinky above isn't a dinky. It's a soloist body shape that has been mislabeled by Jackson for years now as a "dinky"because it's a soloist with a bolt-on neck. The true dinky body shape is one of my favorites. The soloist, not so much.

Comment

I know what you're talking about. I had a what you'd call a true dinky from '87. It was a bolt on Jackson with yellow/black crackle. Then in 90s I got one of those Jackson Professional Dinky Reverses. The dinky reverse had longer horns compared to the '87 and was like a soloist. I like them both by the way.
          Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
          www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
            I say Charvel is going to go big. I am talkin major celeb endorsers, the solid gold dancers doing comercials for them and appearances at NAMM and shit, the electric horseman doing NAMM with Charvel, Airplanes flying those banners around that say charvel on them, renting billboards near airports, the Flying Elvis's (utah chapter) doing promos, Its gonna be big. you watch.
            I'll be the first one to sign on this marketing move will be Esteban.
            An all black, single hum @ bridge, HT, S headstock painted black, black strings, black harware and a Zorro "Z" inlay on the twelve fret.
            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by Chubtone View Post
              The white dinky above isn't a dinky. It's a soloist body shape that has been mislabeled by Jackson for years now as a "dinky"because it's a soloist with a bolt-on neck. The true dinky body shape is one of my favorites. The soloist, not so much.
              I suspect you're confusing issues here. The JCF generator doesn't distinguish the body style between 22 fret Dinkys and 24 fret Dinkys. However, in reality, 24 fret Dinkys have the longer horns (just like Soloists, which mostly come as 24 fret'rs). 22 fret Dinkys have shorter horns, due to a different body layout because of the shorter neck. And, if you've ever seen a 22 fret Soloist (yes, some do exist), it has the same shorter horns as a 22 fret Dinky.

So, in summary, 24 fret Dinky body = 24 fret Soloist. 22 fret Dinky = 22 fret Soloist. They're essentially the same body style, with some very minor variations because of the bolt-on vs neck-through thing.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                So, in summary, 24 fret Dinky body = 24 fret Soloist. 22 fret Dinky = 22 fret Soloist. They're essentially the same body style, with some very minor variations because of the bolt-on vs neck-through thing.
                Yea, that seems about right. My '87 Jackson was 22 frets, therefore the shorter horns.
                Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Dinkies suck!

-------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

Anyone have any pics for comparison?

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
                      An all black, single hum @ bridge, HT, S headstock painted black, black strings, black harware and a Zorro "Z" inlay on the twelve fret.

Actually, that would be pretty cool!
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• Yours for the very low price of 3 installments of $99.95!!!
                        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

• Giving up on the non recessed floyds would be a huge mistake. After all, it is the correct way to install a floyd on a guitar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
                            whoa, you got it. he is the man with a plan. a flamenco model charvel (now pronounced char-whuel) will have that crystal heart graphic on the back of it.

of course they are all hand crafted. old world style.
                            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Working...
                            X