USA neck on a Warmoth body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA neck on a Warmoth body?

Thinking about a Warmoth Star body with a USA Charvel neck on it. Anybody try them yet? Does the neck fit?
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Looks very doable, possible with minor sanding.

Comment

ProMod neck is 2 1/4" at the heel. All Warmoth bodies (that I have seen anyway) are routed to 2 3/16".

You can make it fit if you sand out the neck rout on the body a tad (or the neck heel *gasp*)

Definately doable.

Hope this helps,
      Chris

Comment

Surprised that the strathead necks have a wider heel, considering the originals didn't. Cool though. If you're gonna mod either the neck heel or the neck pocket, i'd go with the heel (unless you've got a router and a neck pocket template).

Newc, you could get some of the retro stars; they don't seem to fetch a high price used.

Sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I considered doing this at one point. The difference in the heel size is small on paper, and huge in person, Warmoth neck pockets are a little on the tight side as delivered, so you can fit it to a standard Fender heeled neck.

Also, the Charvel neck screws on the newer stuff are a #10 instead of the standard #8 that Fender and Warmoth will use.

I think you can do it. :dunno:

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
            Surprised that the strathead necks have a wider heel, considering the originals didn't. Cool though. If you're gonna mod either the neck heel or the neck pocket, i'd go with the heel (unless you've got a router and a neck pocket template).

Newc, you could get some of the retro stars; they don't seem to fetch a high price used.

Sully

Didn't really care for those one-hum-wonders with v-trems.

Or did they do 2 hum Floyded ones? I know Toe had a black one a while back. Didn't know if that was from that series or not.
            Anyway, only one of those I really dug was the Blue/Yellow SpiralChecker Easton had. $2500 was a bit high though

Actually I'd like to get my old Shattered Glass body back.....
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
            X