Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for input for next guitar demo video

Hi everyone,

I'm new here but have lurked for some time. Loved early Jacksons and am really liking the new Charvel lineup. Anyhow, I run an information site - just a labor of love thing - and recently did a review on the Charvel So-Cal with a companion video. The writeup tells most of the story, but the video was fun to do.

I'm not a videographer, but one of the objectives was to keep the video short. There's just 1 minute of talk and 1 minute of playing demo.

I'd appreciate input from all of you as to how I could make my next video better. I'm already going to work on lighting and things like that, but just in terms of content...maybe what I play, how long the overall video is, etc.?? I am doing some planning for an ESP writeup/vid so would really appreciate knowing what would make a good demo vid.

The Charvel So-Cal video and writeup can be found at www.legendarytones.com. I look forward to everyone's thoughts and thanks in advance for taking the time to comment.

David
    David Szabados
    www.legendarytones.com

Great review and playing.

Thanks

Comment

I thought the article was great, and the video was just right lengthwise. Sound quality was better than most of what you see on youtube. Nice playing! One small quibble with the article: Warren's last name is DeMartini.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. I debated on maybe doing some clean-playing as well for the next one - maybe just a few seconds worth. Wasn't sure what else I could do while trying to keep the times down to the 2-3 minutes tops.

Good catch on Warren - thanks - I'll correct that.
        David Szabados
        www.legendarytones.com

Comment

I enjoyed it, nice work. Just a tip when you do a vid, state what amp you're going into, any effects etc. It lets the viewer know what, if anything, is colouring the guitar's tone. Well done, keep it up.

Comment

Good suggestion, thank you. I've updated the text portion/description and title to give more detail.
            David Szabados
            www.legendarytones.com

Comment

Working...
            X