Charvel pickguard configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel pickguard configuration

Hi guys, this is my first post here. I always wanted to order a Charvel like the So Cal but I wanted with a five way pickup selector, a tone knob and a volume knob, just like a Fender Strat. Why is that so complicated? I tried the Charvel website and downloaded the sheet for a custom guitar but this is not an option.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Vinicius Rosa.

You can order a custom pickguard from places like warmoth fairly easily. For your configuration it'll cost $25, more if you get a fancy pickguard instead of a normal plastic one. Quite a few people have done that on this forum and it works out fine. You dont need to pay custom shop prices for it either.
    THIS IS MY POST
    Thanks for reading

Comment

Originally posted by Zaneus View Post
      You can order a custom pickguard from places like warmoth fairly easily. For your configuration it'll cost $25, more if you get a fancy pickguard instead of a normal plastic one. Quite a few people have done that on this forum and it works out fine. You dont need to pay custom shop prices for it either.
      Thanks Zaneus,

I'll try that.

Comment

If you do go Custom Shop, the option is available. You'll have to contact a dealer and go over the order form.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Or you can find guys on this forum that will cut one to the exact specs of the So Cal since the Warmoths are a close, but not exact fit.

Comment

Sorry about the hijack but where would you be able to find a metal pickgaurd kinda like the metal plate covers on USA jacksons?

Comment

Originally posted by Acesofbelkan View Post
              Sorry about the hijack but where would you be able to find a metal pickgaurd kinda like the metal plate covers on USA jacksons?
              Good luck with that. I was trying to find someone to cut me a brass pickguard and couldn't.
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by 6string40 View Post
                Or you can find guys on this forum that will cut one to the exact specs of the So Cal since the Warmoths are a close, but not exact fit.
                Yes. I had to shave some plastic off the neck hole of the Warmoth pickguard to make it fit. Doesn't show though, but still a pain.

Also, the Warmoth guard's horn is narrower than the So-Cal's original. More pointed where the Charvel original is rounded.
                Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

Just got mine direct from Sully today...perfect fit!

Comment

I got mine from Tony at pickguardian (www.pickguardian.com, email: [email protected] or [email protected]). They made a W/B/W one that was a perfect match to the stock black one. Price was very reasonable. I was referred to them by Warmoth.

Comment

Originally posted by 6string40 View Post
                      Just got mine direct from Sully today...perfect fit!

that is badass, I really like the purple and the white.
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                      X