My scalloped Style 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My scalloped Style 2

After my first 2 pro mods, i wanted something I could tun into a little project so I got this one on Egay a few months ago. My first upgrade was the neck. I found this guy on Evilbay names "smooth_ grooves_scalloping_service and sent my neck to him to be scalloped. (Turnaround time was about a month).

Meanwhile, I ordered a gotoh floyd rose and took a trip to Florida. When I got back, the Gotoh had arrived. It seems to be better than the a real floyd rose. I also added 2 Rising Sun decals to the body that were meant to go on a Japanese race car as well as mismatched black and chrome hardware. Here are some pics.

IMG_0573.jpgIMG_0566.jpgIMG_0570.jpgIMG_0565.jpgIMG_0568.jpgIMG_0569.jpg

P.S.- the new server format seems to be working really well for uploading media.

Awesome. Me likey very much.

Comment

I heard A LOT of good things about Gotoh Floyds. A guy I know swears by them. I also seen the smooth grooves guys before on Ebay. Worth the $$$ it looks like!
      http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

Yeah the neck feels great. The smooth groove guy knows what he's doing. I've been playing the SD2 all day and think I'm going to have trouble playing on a non-scalloped neck. The fotoh floyd is superb. I'ts better than an original floyd. I feel it ties with the floyd rose pro as far as quality and tuning stability go. I know The upgraded floyd and scallops may have something to do with it, but the guitar has awesome tone. I'm surprised more people didn't buy it. It's got a great charvel mojo and then some.

Comment

Cool. Is the Gotoh baseplate hardened steel, do you know? I had a Schaller for years and over time half of the intonation screw threads in the baseplate stripped. I'm told this is partly because of the softer metal used in those baseplates.

So, nothing but OFR or something comparable next time.

Comment

the entire gotoh floyd is hardened japanese steel, its awesome, only reason i would use anything else on a guitar is if it has a schaller route

Comment

Working...
            X