No announcement yet.

Is the Charvel production series done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of the 8th batch, has anybody seen the Slime Green So Cal in person. I have yet to even see one show up on ebay?

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
      Oh... my... God!

- E.
      Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Isn't that from last June?
        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Not the best translation but thought I would have fun with an online translator of the Japanese site - http://jackson.fender.jp/hotgear/200...production.php. My take away from Bionic is to pick up the stock to make room for new rather than pick up the stock because prices are going to increase.

This certainly does look like June 09.

"CHARVEL ® USA than "CUSTOM PRODUCTION" released a new series in Japan. CHARVEL®USAUSA PRODUCTIONCHARVEL ® USA at the existing model lineup, USA Eru to belong to the regular lineup "USA PRODUCTION" series was the only regular lineup, the series went on sale this top Custom Shop models and similar models.

CHARVEL The International CHARVEL originally from overseas, but exists as the most significant Kasutamushoppumoderu Kasutamusupekkuoda, regular introduction in Japan and other various reasons it is difficult system problems.CUSTOM SHOP」。 Therefore, the head "CUSTOM SHOP" notation that CHARVEL ® custom guitar has only a regular domestic stock represented by such Wanofugita Shoumoderu.。 But the push to high-end models that are produced by many Kasutamushoppukuoriti, secured by universal specifications and typical needs, the quality and production technology can be a regular custom price zone and an intact circulation and that of mono.
          CHARVEL® CHARVEL ® movement started in earnest guitar making history as the guitar, but since the early 1980s after it was bought by Gurobajakuson, to say that I say in the foundation of today's Haiendokasutamugita will not be an overstatement.

2002 Fender® In 2002 Fender ® has been acquired after the USA had lost once to regain its position as the quality of high-end guitars, a complete breath thrive on guitar building pedigree has been passed down from artisans and was also is a revive.USA CUSTOM PRODUCTION]。 We can understand the current nature of the guitar CHARVEL ® "USA CUSTOM PRODUCTION" series Key Specifications are as follows."
          Last edited by thesparkeffect; 04-27-2010, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Yes, that's from last June. For the Japanese market only.

And I didn't mean those exact guitars were a possibility. I just meant some kind of strat-like-structured production series, perhaps closely along those lines. Could be USA or import, I suppose. And, remember, import could either be MIJ or MIM as far as FMIC is concerned.

My guess on Mike's comment...? "If you like the USA Production Series, get in on it now" = you won't see new finish and/or PU layout options done quarterly anymore. So less option frequency.

But WTF do I know?

Comment

All I care about is that I can get a San Dimas @ the same price in whatever colour.

The line has been going on for ?two? years now(?), Hard to believe it would've gone on so long if they were losing money. The ProMods are very popular, Why would they stop them?

The colours I don't really care about, nor the wild cards. I like maple fingerboards and 2 humbuckers.

and I need a good straight up rock n roll guitar (ala Zeppelin, Van Halen), that's why i'm lusting for a San Dimas.
              I like EL34s.

Comment

This is sexy. And it looks like they have Schallers (or Schaller-style Gotohs) like they ought to.

Whatever they do, I hope it's not pointies. But if it is, I'm sure plenty of people will be happy about it, too. :dunno:

Comment

I heard they were going to pointies with a limited edition cock dragon logo.
                  Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

They're going to Mexico.

Comment

With Paulo Gilberto?

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Custom shop pricing on those...
                        750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                        Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                          The line has been going on for ?two? years now(?), Hard to believe it would've gone on so long if they were losing money. The ProMods are very popular, Why would they stop them?
                          they've used the initial batches for market research. Rather than relying on a bunch of guys on a guitar forum stating things like "if they came out with a one hum strathead in white, it would sell out SUPER QUICK" and 4 guys (out of 3000) going "HELL YEAH!!!!1" they actually have hard figures on what configs sell well and what sat on the shelf for too long, and what initially moved quickly but then quickly died off (ie. market exhausted).

Now they can use that to set up a production line with styles & options that will move, and they won't waste money/time/tooling building things like the SD2 that weren't nearly as popular.
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                            Now they can use that to set up a production line with styles & options that will move, and they won't waste money/time/tooling building things like the SD2 that weren't nearly as popular.
                            And then everyone can bitch about no Teles.
                            -------------------------
                            Blank yo!

Comment

From Bionic's words i assume that the emphasis on "CHARVEL USA PRODUCTION MODEL SERIES " means that they're about to move the production overseas.
                              We'll see.
                              Addicted to that Rush..

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                                And then everyone can bitch about no Teles.
                                dude, if Charvel came out with a production strathead Tele with 2 hums and a Floyd, it would fly off the shelves! No shittin'!!
                                Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                                X