Musikraft neck on a production body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musikraft neck on a production body?

Has anyone actually put a musikraft neck on a production body? I contacted them months ago about making a neck and they didn't have a production neck spec'd. I know that they do a neck with the right heel size but I need to know if it's going to work out okay height-wise?

This is a Musikraft neck. Highly recommend them.

Charvel CST 060 1992
    Charvel CST 070 1992
    Charvel CDS 090 1993
    Gibson Les Paul Standard 1993
    Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
    Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2013
    Gibson Les Paul Classic 1999
    Duesenberg 49er 2012
    Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
    Duesenberg Starcaster 2006
    History TH-LS Limited 2009
    History SH-LSV 2010

Comment

Musikraft necks aren't cheap. Wouldn't it cost about the same to buy one of the Charvel promod necks off ebay?
      Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
      www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

I think it's cheaper to get a promod neck off of ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by THOMO View Post
          This is a Musikraft neck. Highly recommend them.

Need to know how it will fit a production guitar not what you have there. I've moved necks from Charvel to Charvel and they don't always set-up well. Matter of fact, I've seen a lot of variation. A couple of years ago when I talked to Charvel about replacing a damaged neck they told me that I would have to send them the body so they could custom fit the neck to it. Now, of course they bonked the idea of building me a replacment neck...because they 'just not that helpful'.....but still that's what I was told.

I just figured the production stuff would be more consistent, so it would be much easier to make interchangeable parts and mass produce replacement.

Originally posted by fullmetalguitar View Post
          Musikraft necks aren't cheap. Wouldn't it cost about the same to buy one of the Charvel promod necks off ebay?
          Yeh but then I would have a plain old neck. 1st I wish warmoth would bite the bullet and just start making Charvel necks. 2nd... I don't want a plain old one piece old truss rod neck with nickle frets and 1 11/16's nut. I'm from modern guitarland. Here we like doubel action trussrods and stainless steel frets and different sized nuts and differnt woods and moden-stuff like that...but we don't drive hybrid cars- those are just for dorks.

Comment

I've used Musikraft necks and they are much better out of the box than Warmoths from my experience. Make sure you get a 2 1/4" neck heel to fit a Charvel Pro Mod body. I really don't think you will have a problem with fit, they use CNC.

I prefer Musikraft's thin D profile (Very similar feel to the Charvel pointys), 12" radius (or 12-16" compound), 6100 frets.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
              Here we like doubel action trussrods and stainless steel frets and different sized nuts and differnt woods and moden-stuff like that..
              Not a place I would want to visit.

Listen, dudes have put Musikraft Charvel-spec necks on Model Series Charvels, and ProMod necks on Model Series Charvels, and Model Series Necks on ProMod Charvels. They're all pretty consistant. You should be fine ordering a 2 1/4" heel from Musikraft and going from there.
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

Check ebay under Jameson guitars you mite find a Charvel neck up for bids now and then..... These are all Musikraft necks

Charvel CST 060 1992
                Charvel CST 070 1992
                Charvel CDS 090 1993
                Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
                Duesenberg 49er 2012
                Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
                History SH-LSV 2010

Comment

The White guitar is a Standard Charvel Fusion Special 24 3/4 scale 24 fret neck no dramas with the fitment, just has the Floyd Rose speedloader fitted.... I went for the early headstock shape.
                  Last edited by THOMO; 05-07-2010, 05:52 AM.
                  Charvel CST 060 1992
                  Charvel CST 070 1992
                  Charvel CDS 090 1993
                  Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
                  Duesenberg 49er 2012
                  Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
                  History SH-LSV 2010

Comment

Originally posted by THOMO View Post
                    The White guitar is a Standard Charvel Fusion Special 24 3/4 scale 24 fret neck no dramas with the fitment, just has the Floyd Rose speedloader fitted.... I went for the early headstock shape.
                    No shit....speedloader. How is that working out? Did you have to change the body route to fit it on there? I thought those might catch on better and I wouldn't mind doing a guitar with one. I passed on one of the SL2's that Jackson did a few years ago and I've regretted it ever since.

Comment

Working...
                    X