USA Star w/ 24 frets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Star w/ 24 frets?

I REALLY dig Charvel Star shaped guitars but prefer 24 frets. To date, I have not seen any 24 fret models with Floyd Roses. I presume there is some issue with the amount of body surface area to neck ration but I'm no luthier. Has anyone seen or heard of a 24 fret Star model w/OFR?

There have been Custom Shop models done.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The sound you're hearing is the sound of me scheming ways to acquire funds to order/purchase custom Star w/ 24 frets...

Comment

Does Charvel also offer the option to rout behind OFR to pull it sharp? I know this is a dicey move given the limited mass of that body config. In truth, those two issues are the only ones that have kept me from buying another custom Star...
        Last edited by vector; 05-10-2010, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Yes
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I thought those were called Warriors?
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

The Warrior has the extended upper bout and the bevels. But the shapes are close.
              Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                The Warrior has the extended upper bout and the bevels. But the shapes are close.
                Not close enough.

Comment

It is also pointy.

Sharp and weapon like pointy.

I plan on using mine (When it arrives) to murder a mad delinquent. Natural blood drip!
                  I like EL34s.

Comment

I believe ESP makes a 24 fret star. It might be a Syu Signature model.

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
                      Does Charvel also offer the option to rout behind OFR to pull it sharp? I know this is a dicey move given the limited mass of that body config. In truth, those two issues are the only ones that have kept me from buying another custom Star... Ipresume there is some issue with the amount of body surface area to neck ration but I'm no luthier.
                      Ummm...no.
                      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                      Gotta get away from here.
                      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                        Ummm...no.
                        I presumed because I've had luthiers and dealers suggest that routing a Star was dicey because of the reduction of valuable body mass. In particular I was quoted that when asking about possibly routing behind the Floyd on this: Yellow Star
                        Yeah, true, they were also concerned about fucking up a perfectly good Custom Shop Star, but that's what was conveyed.

Comment

ESP do an Anchang star and an Edwards version (I have the Edwards) which has 24 frets and OFR, great guitar.
                          www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Originally posted by Speiro View Post
                            ESP do an Anchang star and an Edwards version (I have the Edwards) which has 24 frets and OFR, great guitar.
                            http://www.espguitars.co.jp/artist/anchang/index.html
                            Now you're talkin'!!! That's what I'm envisioning!!! I like the rounded tipped versions and they even have the reverse headstocks!! Perfect. Thanks!!!

Comment

not a charvel, or usa, but esp makes a ltd roope latvala sig thats a 24 fret star

Comment

Working...
                              X