No announcement yet.

I couldn't help myself for the price.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is insane! You're lucky you saw it when you did b/c it wouldn't have been there much longer had any number of us seen it! Congrats!

Like suggested before, I'd just go with a cream ring and keep the zebra.

Comment

Wow, that is the score of the year. What a price!
      Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
      www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Smokn' good deal. You're right you could hardly pass up that deal....
        http://www.guitarmaven.net

Comment

It's an awesome playing guitar, I have a custom wound pickup coming, and a cream ring coming. I would say shame on charvel for letting the finish on this guitar slide. lots of the grain lines in the finish. LOTS. I tried to picture them but couldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
            It's an awesome playing guitar, I have a custom wound pickup coming, and a cream ring coming. I would say shame on charvel for letting the finish on this guitar slide. lots of the grain lines in the finish. LOTS. I tried to picture them but couldn't.
            Yeah, that's my one real complaint with them.

Comment

Yeah, that's my one real complaint with them.
              This is the 3rd one I've had and the tang socal you could only see the seam on the back and the other that was a style one in black and nothing. Since this batch had trans finishes on the other two maybe the sealing wasn't done.

Comment

All of mine except the satin black have had lots of grain lines. Black, Polar White, Candy Blue. I even wet sanded & buffed the black one and got all the grain lines out... But they came back.

Comment

Seeing the grain lines is a good thing IMO it means the finish is pretty thin.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

It looks cool right now but with the creme add-ons, I think it will look even better.

And for the price, you certainly couldn't go wrong on that one!
                    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Wrap about $5.75 in mixed change in a sock and beat use it to beat the he'll ou of the body. Then you won't worry about the grain lines.
                      -------------------------
                      Blank yo!

Comment

I prefer a sack of doorknobs.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                          Ding ding dingggg! We have a winner. Personally, I like the glue seam shine lines. Reminds me of the old school c/j stuff.

Sully
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Here's an updated pic. Thanks Plon for the cream pickup!

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                              Exactly. One of the guys at work has a black San Dimas 2 tele that he gigs with and he wears a studded metal belt so the finish started coming off. he thought that looked cool so he started chipping the finish off. I kept a piece of it and let me tell you the finish is very thin on his guitar. Grain lines and a thin finish is way better than no grain lines due to a thick finish.

Comment

I don't think the finish is very thin on mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X