Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Ass Mike Learn Hot Rod Flames in the Hizzzy

Got my package of bad-ass from Mike Learn this evening. Some shots:

Took me a bit to get it all back together, so its too dark for fully assembled shots. I am very happy with this guitar and the killer job Mike did based on a photo.

Killer.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

awesome looking graphic. Be sure to post some pictures when it's all done.

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Glad it got there safely Tony, Your UPS guy prob didnt even have a chance to set it down. I had fun with that job, as I do with all the guitars. Please send me some shots of it all done. I would love to put it up on my website. The same goes for your's too Joe. I want to see that warbird all done.

Mike
      Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
      http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Will do, Mike! Got 'er all buttoned up, but my apartment is crap for lighting, so I'll see if I can grab some sunny shots tomorrow.
        Blank yo!

Comment

Freakin sweet!
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

fwooaaaar! That is well sexy, innit?
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Naaaaawycely done on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                Will do, Mike! Got 'er all buttoned up, but my apartment is crap for lighting, so I'll see if I can grab some sunny shots tomorrow.
                Why wait until tomorrow?? Just dangle that fucker out the window into the NYC street lights!

BTW...I never did get back to you on the LiquiFire...mainly b/c I love it and it's staying in my SD1! But, I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a killer neck pickup.
                Last edited by 6string40; 05-24-2010, 11:14 PM.

Comment

That looks pretty sweet... So that graphic was done over the existing black? :think:

Comment

killer....love it!!!
                    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Originally posted by 6string40 View Post
                      Why wait until tomorrow?? Just dangle that fucker out the window into the NYC street lights!

BTW...I never did get back to you on the LiquiFire...mainly b/c I love it and it's staying in my SD1! But, I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a killer neck pickup.
                      I'll do that when I get home tonight. I actually went to a PAF 36th in the neck and just playing it last night sounded really good. The PAF Pro had a little more "fire" behind it. I imaging the Liquifire is like a couple more notches up. One day...

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                      That looks pretty sweet... So that graphic was done over the existing black? :think:
                      Over the black was the plan, though Mike said he had to strip the back because of some delam issues - I think around the trem cavity the paint was looking like it was bubbling.

Originally posted by gtrbuyer View Post
                      killer....love it!!!
                      Thanks!

Here's an iphone shot I took this morning. Its almost like getting a new guitar except it played and sounded exactly as I remembered it - how's this for creepy - I threaded the floyd posts in and nailed the action without have to make any changes to the Floyd height, just the spring tension.

Blank yo!

Comment

Killer! That looks incredible!

Steve
                        Henning Amplification Website - http://www.henningamps.com
                        My Music Page (Mojave PeaceMaker, Axe-FX, Mesa MKIV and PODXT Pro Clips)

Comment

Looks awesome. Nice choices, and great painting by Mike.

Comment

Hell yes!!!!!!!!!

Comment

What is this 1983 all over again?!?!

What makes you think that you can modify a perfectly good guitar? Isn't it enough that people put different pickups into guitars that already have pickups that function absolutely fine from the factory?

Now THIS?!?!?!

My God man if you want a custom looking guitar, order one from the custom shop!!! That's what they're there for!! Don't tackle all of this stuff yourself!! I am flabbergasted that people would do this.

Oh....by the way...

THAT IS FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!

Great concept, and phenomenal execution by Mike on the paint. That looks outstanding.

Congrats!

PS I want one now
                              I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Working...
                              X