• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modded Pro Mods

Thought I would post a pic or two

gold sparkle, maple & creme - it's 1983 again! Awesome job
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Nice. I always thought the green would look good with double creams, too.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Gold sparkle looks awesome.

Comment

Wow!!!!!!!!
          www.vendetta-theband.com
          www.atomhawk.com

Comment

That gold sparkle is awesome beyond words...

Comment

I've already posted these in another thread...but being that we're talking about modded ProMods, here's the latest mod to my white Charvel Telly...it totally changed the look of the guitar (in a good way). I'll also add my HSS San Dimas Strat...only mod is a pickup ring around the bridge pickup....not much, but hey...it is a mod

Todd M

Comment

I like the pickups better with the mounting ring. I'm just not a fan of the direct mount look.
                Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

Originally posted by cvansickle View Post
                  I like the pickups better with the mounting ring. I'm just not a fan of the direct mount look.
                  I love the Trans Kandy Gold Strat....it's such a good looking guitar. Pictures don't do it any justice. But I will admit...the one thing that I never liked about it was the lack of a pickup ring around the bridge pickup. I experimented with a cream colored ring a couple weeks ago (taken off my PRS CE22). At first I kinda liked it...but over the course of a few days, it just started looking not right to me. Well...since installing the pick guard on the Telly, I had an extra black p'up ring. So I put it on the HSS Strat, and it fits the guitar perfectly. Here's pics of the guitar without and with the ring:

and now with:

Because there are no holes in the guitar (and I'm not about to go drilling into this thing, in case I change my mind one day), I just used a little double sided tape, and it fit perfectly...can't even tell.

With that said...there are guitars that do look good/natural without p'up rings...I have an Ibanez (Team J Craft) Prestige with an absolutely gorgeous finish...this guitar does not have pickup rings, and it looks perfect...I wouldn't put rings on under any circumstances. I don't have a close up pic of this guitar..but here's a picture of it with some of my other guitars. Once again, I don't think for a second that it looks out of place (like I did with the Charvel Strat)

Here's a pic of the J-Custom IBZ (all the way on the left):

Todd M

Comment

here are two I've modded. First is the green one. It's got different PU's and electronics and pickup rings-

the tele has a gotoh bridge/ nut, metal PU rings, rising sun decals and a scalloped neck.

Comment

Originally posted by legend71 View Post
                      Thought I would post a pic or two

I did that to my Slime Green as well using the creme/chrome from the Polar White (and Stormtroopered the PW with the Slimer's stuff). Got more for it on Ebay than I thought I would
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                      X