HSS So-Cal ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSS So-Cal ?

How are the body's routed under the pickguard?
    Any problem modding for HSS?

Any pics?
    Models
    The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
    I dont need furniture.
    If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
    If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
    And rock that sucker.

The body is routed H-S-H. So no mods necessary to go to H-S-S, just need a new pickguard. I did mine H-S...

Comment

Yep, there is an HSH rout, plus lots of room for creative wiring in the control area. A 5-way Strat switch and 3 pots will fit no problem.
      Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

The stock volume pot position on a Strat pickguard won't fit. The shape of the body route has a little 'horn' of wood where the pot would normally hang. It can be done, though.

Comment

Nice Socal!
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Here's mine ...

IMG_0691.jpg
            Dave

Comment

Cool.
              Any suggestions on where to get a pickguard, and will the screws line up?
              Models
              I dont need furniture.
              And rock that sucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Tricky View Post
                Cool.
                Any suggestions on where to get a pickguard, and will the screws line up?
                I got mine from Warmoth. The screw holes are very very close to what's on the Charvel. If you just screw in each screw a little at a time you shouldn't have a problem lining up holes.
                Dave

Comment

Someone suggested to me, and another person seconded, that when buying from Warmoth just get the pickup holes and not the knob holes drilled. Drill your own holes for the pots, so you can put them where you want them. I did mine this way, and I agree it's the best advice.

I guess since you're doing a HSS, you'll want the 5-way switch slot. Have Warmoth do that.
                  Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

Originally posted by DHardmanJr View Post
                    I got mine from Warmoth. The screw holes are very very close to what's on the Charvel. If you just screw in each screw a little at a time you shouldn't have a problem lining up holes.
                    That's what I found, too. If I tighten one up all of the way first, it tends to make one or two want to go in at an angle.

Originally posted by cvansickle View Post
                    Someone suggested to me, and another person seconded, that when buying from Warmoth just get the pickup holes and not the knob holes drilled. Drill your own holes for the pots, so you can put them where you want them. I did mine this way, and I agree it's the best advice.
                    That's exactly what I did, as well. I ended up routing a little wood from the back edge of the bridge cavity in the body, the pup hole in the Warmoth sits a little closer to the bridge than the stock guard. The pup still fit OK, but rubbed a little bit on mine. I could still adjust it up and down OK, but I am kind of picky like that so I broke out the router, clamps, and straight piece of wood for a guide. I took out between 1/16"-1/8", now the pup hangs freely in the guard. Not that it will certainly be a necessary step, but something to keep in mind. Unexpected complications can ruin your day.

Comment

+1 on having Warmoth cut the 5-way switch and pickup holes, but drill any volume/tone controls yourself
                      Dave

Comment

Good info.

Thanks.
                        Models
                        I dont need furniture.
                        And rock that sucker.

Comment

Hi, i got mine from warmoth and drilled my own control holes and it worked out great thanks to the info from this site. So thanks everyone....

Comment

Working...
                          X