10th Batch Thread - continued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10th Batch Thread - continued

Code Red started a thread a couple weeks ago, and it really blew my mind what he did with the Telly (style 2) pick guards. I'm probably in the minority here, but I like my style 2 better than both my Style 1 HSS San Dimas (Trans Kandy Gold), and a So Cal that I traded in. For some reason, the Style 2s caught my eye when I first discovered the pro mods a while back. I love the way they look, and maybe it's just me, but they sound a little cooler (in my opinion of course) too. So needless to say, I'm a bit partial, and when I saw someone made a custom pick guard for these guitars, I was floored. It was the one thing that I really thought was missing from the guitars to begin with.

Anyway....when I saw what Red did with his Style 2s, I had to have one of those pick guards. Well...I can tell anyone out there now with a Style2...this is the guy to do business with. He's a stand up guy and it was a pleasure doing business with him. I just got my own custom pick guard....this one is black and it works perfect with the polar white Telly...I installed it tonight. It actually was easier than I thought. - I will say, in his recommended instructions on how to install for dummies (me = dummy)...he said it should be start to finish about 20 minutes. Well...that usually means multiply that by about 10-15, and that's what it will take me. In this case, it wasn't that bad. Much easier than installing that big brass block from Floydupgrades.com.

In the end, I couldn't be happier with the result. The transaction and communication was perfect...I got this thing within 2 or 3 days of paying Red...so here are the pics. I'm throwing in some pics of my San Dimas HSS. I added a pickup ring...this time I picked the right color (black)
    So thanks Red for getting this thing to me and giving me the coolest mod so far. I even threw in some gold screws just for good measure. I highly recommend the upgrade. Hope you like the pics.

Todd M

Classy.

Comment

wow, looks 10 times better already!

Comment

I normally don't like pick guards but that looks really cool!

Comment

I really like the look of the added pickguard...awesome
          www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
          My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

It looks like an Adrian Smith Tele!
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Rock 'n F'n Roll Brotha!

The Tele lives!

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
                Rock 'n F'n Roll Brotha!

The Tele lives!
                Amen my man. I'm thinkin about picking up a second one (maybe used on Ebay)...just so I have an excuse to buy another one of those pick guards off you.
                Seriously though (actually, I was serious about that)...I loved the Style 2s from the minute I saw them. I've always kinda liked Fender Tellies....it's just that I never liked the bridge or the pickup configuration (as well as the sound)...when I saw Charvel was putting out a production run of Telly based guitars, I had to have one. Still, there was always something missing in the looks dept. That issue has been solved...hands down, this is now one of the coolest Tellies I've ever seen. Thanks again my man...I couldn't be happier with the end result!
                Todd M

Comment

Working...
                X