Modding a "real" San Dimas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modding a "real" San Dimas...

My '84 Holdsworth San Dimas is already the best playing and best sounding fiddle I own, the only thing I do miss is a neck pickup.

Now, it is already routed with a swimming pool pickup cavity, so if I wanted to add a neck pickup I would need to cut the pickguard for a neck pickup slot and switch.

I even thought of putting together a new harness with a new pickguard and pickups, to preserve the original one, but the original pickup and pot sweep are just too great not to keep, so i'd rather add just a great sounding neck pickup which I happen to own already, an old SD custom wound which would be perfect for this.

Would you do it?

I would. But I'd still get a new pickguard and swap that bridge pickup over. That way you still have the original if you ever want to return her to spec
    Hail yesterday

Comment

what he said

Comment

Get a new pickguard made. You can transfer your existing electronics over to the new guard plus a switch between the pickups. They're not making any more Holdsworths, so this would be like modding a 1962 Strat in 1982.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
          I would. But I'd still get a new pickguard and swap that bridge pickup over. That way you still have the original if you ever want to return her to spec
          yep.
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
          X