SD S1 2H tremolo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD S1 2H tremolo

Anyone out there own a San Dimas S1 2H w/ OFR? If so, how do you have your trem set up? I managed to set the OFR on my Star Std. to pull notes a little sharp but since they're top mounted with no rout, the range is really limited. Has anyone set their's up to do this? Any issues with string height? Need to know before I pull the trigger on a slime green S1 2H.

Originally posted by vector View Post
    Anyone out there own a San Dimas S1 2H w/ OFR? If so, how do you have your trem set up? I managed to set the OFR on my Star Std. to pull notes a little sharp but since they're top mounted with no rout, the range is really limited. Has anyone set their's up to do this? Any issues with string height? Need to know before I pull the trigger on a slime green S1 2H.
    Are you serious? No one on here has a Charvel with a the OFR trem set to pull up a little?:think:

Comment

uhhh???
      Mine pulls up exactly a minor third on the g string. not a problem not much different than the setup from the factory.
      http://www.facebook.com/HairRaidBand

Comment

My socal I sold I had flush with the body but the rest seem to be much higher and be able to pull back a lot.

Comment

There is plenty of range for pull-up on both of mine- one is a fairly stock Style 1C (the flat black) and the other is a Style 1 2H body with a Custom Shop neck on it.

There is even more range if you put a German Floyd on there, because the base plate is thinner.

Comment

I get plenty of pull on my bar.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Could you not shim the neck to give more angle and then raise the bridge to suit if you dont get enough pull up?

Comment

Originally posted by ralph View Post
                Could you not shim the neck to give more angle and then raise the bridge to suit if you dont get enough pull up?
                Yeah, you could. But for me, that change in string height screws up my picking technique (or lack thereof) My picking hand is anchored by my pinky and ring fingers. When the strings are that high off of the body, I just can't pick effectively.
                I have had to get rid of several REALLY nice guitars because the FR was mounted above the body.

Comment

Then why are you wanting to get the Charvel?

You're not going to like it.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                    Then why are you wanting to get the Charvel?

You're not going to like it.
                    I'm GAS-ing a Charvel 'cuz the necks are super sweet, love the tone and the pickup choice. I have a Star standard that has the same trem set up. The OFR is set so I can pull notes up about one step but the string height still is within acceptable tolerances. Sounds like I need to take a trip to a local dealer and try one out...again. Problem is, if the FR is not set up to pull up, it kinda defeats the point of trying it out.

Comment

Try looking for some of the custom shop models that have recessed Floyds.
                      -------------------------
                      Blank yo!

Comment

Yeah, I think you should try one out. The bridge is up pretty high on these, it's not like a flush-mount Floyd at all. Personally, I really like it, but it's not for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
                          I'm GAS-ing a Charvel 'cuz the necks are super sweet, love the tone and the pickup choice. I have a Star standard that has the same trem set up. The OFR is set so I can pull notes up about one step but the string height still is within acceptable tolerances. Sounds like I need to take a trip to a local dealer and try one out...again. Problem is, if the FR is not set up to pull up, it kinda defeats the point of trying it out.
                          You could always try it out, and if you dont like the higher trem, either sell the guitar, or have it modified so that the Floyd is recessed, if it really doesnt suit your style

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                          X