Charvel (Fender) warranty response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel (Fender) warranty response

Just wondering if anyone knew how long Charvel (Fender) usually takes to respond to a warranty claim once they have received a guitar. Not to resolve it necessarily but just to get back to the customer to let them know what they plan to do.

Humm......wonder what will happen here......

Comment

I think different people have had different experiences with warranty service. Probably depends on what type of issue, how severe, etc. And I think that Charvel has authorized repair shops around the country that do warranty work, but I'm not sure exactly how that works. I'm sure someone who has had to deal with this will chime in.
      Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
      www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

We need a story and some pics, MAN!

Comment

That really depends...
          1. Did you take your guitar to an Authorized Service Center?
          2. Is it a Custom Shop or Production Model?
          3. Did you include a copy of the Proof of Purchase?
          4. What type of issue are you having?

Comment

1. Yes
            2. Production model
            3. Yes, new never played purchased from Charvel authorized dealer on Ebay
            4. Cavity covers were glued on, finish came off with the covers and cracked, the ground leads were unsoldered

They haven't had the guitar that long, it was received on June 11th, I was just wondering if anyone else on the forum had dealt with a warranty return and what kind of time frame I was looking at. I am in contact with the dealer and Charvel customer service and neither of them have been able to provide any additional info.

Comment

Just got my answer, they are going to replace the body. The estimate is 30 to 60 days to make and paint a new body.

Comment

Are you OK with that?
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'm OK with replacing the body but not with 60 days. I'll try to work something else out between the dealer and Charvel if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Racr1 View Post
                    4. Cavity covers were glued on, finish came off with the covers and cracked
                    I highly doubt that. What happens is the paint isn't fully dry when the covers are put on, so when they do, the cover is stuck to the paint (especially with the screws clamping it down).

My 2005 Bengal Soloist was like this. I've read it happening to other people as well. I took a long time before I finally got up the balls to pry that backplate off so that I could put in a push/pull pot to split the JB.

I did it in 2009, so the paint had dried for 4 years before I did it.

No, I've never sent a guitar in for warranty work.

Comment

Originally posted by Racr1 View Post
                      Just got my answer, they are going to replace the body. The estimate is 30 to 60 days to make and paint a new body.
                      why dont you just return it to the dealer?
                      Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

The dealer has stepped up and is giving me full credit for the guitar and we are going to figure out a replacement.

Comment

I can't wait for the dealer to resell that bummer guitar to someone else so we can hear all about this again.
                          -------------------------
                          Blank yo!

Comment

I imagine the dealer will return it to Charvel and they'll put a new body on the neck and ship it out again...
                            Popular is not the same as good
                            Rare is not the same as valuable
                            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Doubt it. At worse, he'll sell it as a "scratch & dent." How about that dude that returned the Adrian Smith only to recieve it again. I doubt very much that dealer return instruments to the manufacturer.
                              -------------------------
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                              X