Charvel (Fender) warranty response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
    Doubt it. At worse, he'll sell it as a "scratch & dent." How about that dude that returned the Adrian Smith only to recieve it again. I doubt very much that dealer return instruments to the manufacturer.
    I believe that was from Musician's Friend. They're idiots and not what I would call a real dealer. I don't even think they open the box when they get the guitar... it sits in inventory and then taken off the shelf and sent out when someone buys it.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      I believe that was from Musician's Friend. They're idiots and not what I would call a real dealer. I don't even think they open the box when they get the guitar... it sits in inventory and then taken off the shelf and sent out when someone buys it.
      I bought a Gibbo Les Paul Spotlight from MF...along with a tone of other stuff. $8K list ($2500 new with a special deal) and when I got it there was a freakin hole in the fretboard! They offered me a $400 credit to keep it. What the hell am I gonna do with a crater in the fretboard? Soon enough it was "Used Condition 1" for $4500, which is a hell of a lot better than "scratch and dent"....talk about a crap shoot. They just pimp the stuff off on somebody else and only make 30% (instead of 60%). That's what everybody does. Why do you think MSRP is so damn high...to absorb all the fun so they can still keep a consistent 40% margin. Now buying on the computer is a dumping ground.

Now some monkey is selling the thing for $5000 on Ebay!

No offense Jackson guy, but if this actually works out and the dude gets a replacement guitar I might freakin have a stroke....shocked to death.
      Last edited by Code Red; 06-24-2010, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Holy shit!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I returned the guitar to Charvel, the replacement is on the way from the dealer should be here Monday.

Comment

Working...
          X