1982 Charvel Strathead value??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1982 Charvel Strathead value??

I came across a real 1982 2 hum Charvel Strathead in extremely clean condition. It is a one owner guitar that was never gigged and has only one or two very small dings and a few pick swirls the thing looks almost new. It is all original including the case. No mods or repairs. Any thoughts?

Upwards of $2500 likely considering the condition and componants - "factory" floyds, brass vintage trem being most desireable, Kahlers less so.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

yeah $2500 and up since its clean and all original....does it have a maple fretboard, graphic or solid color?
      www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
      My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

It is a candy dark Cobalt / Midnight blue. Birdseye neck with a Brazilian Rosewood board. Brass vintage bridge and crown head tuners the serial is 13xx.

Comment

No one but the seller can set a price on something no longer made!people like to give their opions, but when it comes down to it these are the shit! and if you get lucky enought to get one made by one the main guys when they were looking to make a name for them self (get it) then you can set the price!
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Got any pics of it? Sounds like the same color of the SD Jackson I got for Christmas. Is this the color?

Comment

Nice axe. I wish I'd gotten something like that for Christmas. No the guitar I'm talking about is a much darker blue.

Comment

THANKS, I love it!

So are you going to get the strat head or was it not for sale?

Comment

Oh man you had to go whippin' out the x-mas Jackson Strat again. Now I'm getting the GAS again...

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                    Oh man you had to go whippin' out the x-mas Jackson Strat again. Now I'm getting the GAS again...
                    Any chance I can get my friend! HA HA!

Comment

$2500 seems to be about what the average charvel player will be willing to pay. However, those specs and condition as described could bring a lot more than $2500 to a collector, especially for an "unknown" guitar (has not previously been passed around and/or displayed) and he is the first to get to buy it. How much more really depends on a couple of factors, including who gets interested, however, the economy is playing a big part in keeping prices down at the moment (a few years ago something like you describe could easily have brought $3500+ - again assuming specs and condition are accurate).
                      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Come on.

All original, early serialized clean stratheads with a vintage tremolo and a 2H config never come up for sale. If it is really what it is, it is worth at least $ 4,000-5,000. This is what I would offer if I found one, and I put my money where my mouth is.

Please PM me if you want to broker the deal for me.

Comment

Originally posted by surfreak View Post
                          Come on.

All original, early serialized clean stratheads with a vintage tremolo and a 2H config never come up for sale. If it is really what it is, it is worth at least $ 4,000-5,000. This is what I would offer if I found one, and I put my money where my mouth is.

Please PM me if you want to broker the deal for me.
                          I have a few I might consider if your serious on what you'd pay.

Comment

hey surfreak I will happily entertain those kind of offers....if you see something in my collection get in touch with me. I have several that fit the description you are looking for
                            www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                            My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Time to put your money where your mouth is!

Comment

Working...
                              X