No announcement yet.

Charvel/Jackson and EVH Custom Shop tour 6/24/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly! There is something about them that is unique, that certain "feel". That's awesome man, I've played and own other guitars, but compared to other guitars, I love mine too!
    Ratt & Roll

Comment

This is why Charvel/Jackson Custom Shop and Suhr guitars are the best in the world.

California rules!
      www.vendetta-theband.com
      www.atomhawk.com

Comment

Originally posted by JediHalen View Post
        This is why Charvel/Jackson Custom Shop and Suhr guitars are the best in the world.

California rules!
        Yes it does!
        Ratt & Roll

Comment

Very cool, I knew knew.

Respect.

Comment

Did they show you the final inspection room where they approve Adrian Smith guitars with missing side fret markers or bridge pick ups that don't work? I love jackson but I don't understand how that can happen.

Comment

Good reading. Thanks for sharing Chubtone!
              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by kamelot101 View Post
                Did they show you the final inspection room where they approve Adrian Smith guitars with missing side fret markers or bridge pick ups that don't work? I love jackson but I don't understand how that can happen.
                One day, when robots and machines are the only things in that factory, things might be perfect. Until then, I'll celebrate guitars made in large part by humans and inspected by humans even though mistakes have to occur at some point. There is a feel that Charvel/Jackson custom shop guitars have that you can't describe, but I have never felt that with any other guitar. Those guys know how to build that feel into a guitar.

Comment

Hey Chub - great read - thanks very much!

Did you see the "regular" assembly area where they build the USA Selects?
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                    Hey Chub - great read - thanks very much!

Did you see the "regular" assembly area where they build the USA Selects?
                    There is no regular assembly area where they build the USA Selects. Those are built and assembled in the custom shop. The reason for the lower price is very little in the way of options.

Comment

Cool. That's what I thought.
                      -------------------------
                      Blank yo!

Comment

Awesome post! I last toured the Charvel/Jackson shop in '82 and it sounds like things are just about the same as they were then... I'm gonna see if I can get a tour sometime soon...

Steve
                        Henning Amplification Website - http://www.henningamps.com
                        My Music Page (Mojave PeaceMaker, Axe-FX, Mesa MKIV and PODXT Pro Clips)

Comment

i just ordered an evh wolfgang in the black cherry burst color.. so this news about them being made in same area as jackson/charvel custom shop is a real bonus!
                          Proud endorser of:
                          Steve Clayton Inc. http://www.steveclayton.com
                          GLS Audio http://www.glsaudio.com
                          Orange County Speaker http://www.speakerrepair.com/

Comment

Originally posted by maltomario View Post
                            i just ordered an evh wolfgang in the black cherry burst color.. so this news about them being made in same area as jackson/charvel custom shop is a real bonus!
                            I found that pretty interesting as well.

Also, I guess now I understand the "ever so subtle" variations in the neck of my CS Charvels. Makes me happy to know that the reason is TRULY legit. I'll always have a Charvel in my collection...I hope!!

Does owning 3 Warren Demartini's get me into the SUPER SECRET area?

Comment

Thanks for the post Chub, great read. It would be cool to see a pick of all the workers again as in the old days.
                              Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

Are the USA selects built in the same shop?

(I just realized I entered the Charvel forum)

Comment

Working...
                                X